²junior year

CHAPTER TWO,

      junior year

"Nice to meet you

"Nice to meet you." Areum was trying to be polite but honestly, she just did not have the energy to socialize and make friends at twenty to eight on the first day of her junior year.

She had survived being a freshman, she'd managed to crawl her way through the disaster that was sophomore year, and Areum would be damned if she was going to let people get to her the way they did last year.

"Jongin, this is my little sister Areum, she's a junior like you-"

"Well, it's been fun boys but I think I hear Minho and Minha's imaginary voices calling me in my oh so busy head. Catch up later though?" Areum didn't have to wait for a reply before she handed her brother the paper bag filled with his lunch and turned away from the group of boys.

The petite brunette didn't have to pretend she couldn't feel all the eyes on her as she made her way through the wide corridor, lined with dark blue lockers covered by the occasionally lost freshmen dotted around. Areum kept her head high and her shoulders straight. It's what mum had always told her to do.

Areum noticed a group of boys huddled around a locker. Her locked. Areum raised an eyebrow to herself. This never happened. Students here knew to keep out of Areum's way. Sure, she wasn't exactly terrifying, she was actually really nice. It was just a thing.

The girl wasn't really sure how to approach this situation. So, she stood tall and cleared her throat. Areum gaped when there was no reaction from the boys. Luckily there were very few students in the corridor around to notice the interaction.

Areum realised she would have to take a bolder approach and stepped forward to press her freshly manicured white nail into one of the boys backs, "excuse me?"

The boy turned his head to meet eyes with the small girl in front of him, a small grin creeping onto his face. Areum opened her mouth to say something when the boy interrupted her.

"What can I do for you, sweetcheeks?"

Areum wanted to throw up in her own mouth. No, not even. She wanted to vomit all over the boy. Sure, he was maybe slightly a little good looking, but who did he think he was?

"I'm Park Chanyeol, you?"

She had taken her time to process that the boy had actually uttered the words that she thought she had heard. Now the demon side of Areum that she worked very hard to keep tucked away was about to crawl out of it's hiding place and let loose all over this wretched freshman.

"Okay, let's get one thing straight here. I am not, never have been and never ever will be your sweetcheeks, so let's just scrap that straight away. Second of all, my name's Huang Areum, and you are blocking the way to my locker. So move."