23 | Ambitions

It has been a week since the team and you came to Tokyo, mostly losing the matches and practicing

It has been a week since the team and you came to Tokyo, mostly losing the matches and practicing. You and your dad have been on each other for this whole time.

You have been practicing the new serve, but for some reason it can't turn like you want to. The new serve is named the mid-point turn serve, the only person to ever try this serve is your dad, Levi. He hasn't been really helping per say, all he does is tell you what's wrong about your form

Right now you are in the gym practicing on the other side while your dad is helping out Kageyama with his set that he needs to practice for the new quick with Shoyo

'Maybe it will work this time' you thought while getting into place to run and jump.

You take a deep breath and start to jump 'all I need to do I curve my hand just a bit to change the course' you thought

You change your hand to accommodate the ball and hit it with all your might. The ball starts ascends to the ground but didn't change the direction at the end.

"Ughhhh! Why the fuck is it not working!" you yell at yourself

Your dad noticed that you are frustrated, so he went to you with a ball in hand.

"Brat go to the middle and try to receive the ball" he said to Kageyama, he went to position while you looked at your dad

"Watch my body and how it moves it's not only the hands you need to worry about, it's also your body and how it turn" he said while getting ready to serve

You jumps and you see that his arms move slightly to the left while his body is curving. He hits it and the ball seems to go to Kageyama directly, kageyama noticed it and didn't move. Before it comes a little closer to Kageyama it changes to the left slightly and zooms past kageyama

You and Kageyama's eyes widen, and immediately you guys look at your dad. He didn't really have any expression like he normally does but when he looked at you his eyes said it all

'I know you could do it' that is what his eyes said

You stood up and grabbed a ball, the one thing that is really special about you is that when you try hard enough, if someone shows you something you immediately know how to do it at the end, but the key thing is that you should be ambitious about doing it.

You take a deep breath and look at Kageyama, he smirks and gives you a nod to start. You throw the ball in the air and did exactly what your dad did, it was so exact that it seemed that your dad was the one doing it.

The ball goes to Kageyama and like what you intended to make it do the ball changes course. You took into account that Kageyama already knew that the ball was gonna go to the left but you changed it a made it go to the right.

When Kageyama knew the ball will change he positioned himself that if the ball changes it goes to the left. He changed it and immediately sees the ball zoom right past him on the right.

Your dads and Kageyama's eyes widen and looked at you, you smirk at them and put a hand on your hip (a/n:let's just say that this move is now your favorite).

2 Days later

Today was the last day of Training Camp. You had so much fun during this week and wanted to do it again next time. Our last match is again against Fukurōdani and from what you heard for Daichi is that there will be Barbecue at the end of the match which made you more hungry than you already are.

The match begins and the team loses the first set. In the second set we tried out the synchronized attack that you practiced with the other 2nd and 3rd years and surprised the other 1st years that weren't informed about it. The second set you guys won.

And now in the third set. You are at the end and the two idiots tried out their new quick which made you very proud of them, but now it's your turn. Nobody knows about the new serve except of course Kageyama, Ukai and your dad Levi.

It was your turn to serve. The great thing about your serve is that it looks like a jump serve but it actually is not, you take a deep breath and start to jump you made sure to make it aim straight for the Libero, to which you knew he we right handed so you aimed it for the left.

The ball is sent for him and he just smirked and go into position to receive it, but in your case the ball changes and zooms right pass him and surprising your team and Fukurōdani.

You smiled and continued the match, at the end you guys lost but the good part was that it was a close lose that means that you could have won. You and the team happily did your final penalty lap with smiles across you guys faces.

The only thing in your mind was....Barbecue! After the penalty you and the team scurry yo were the Barbecue is. You gab a plate and Kageyama and went to start cooking your food.

While stuffing your face with meat, you suddenly start to choke to which Akaashi was ready like the mama owl he is and gave you water. You also stole some of Kageyama's meat to which he chased you for but to no luck by the time he catches you, you have eaten it all.

You saw Kenma being pestered by the three captains to which Sugawara pointed out is like the annoying uncles and dad. You had a great time talking with the other, while Kageyama protectively kept an arm around your waist, to which he says "to show that you are mine"

Everyone that you try to talk to, would always feel scared of Kageyama's constant glaring. As of now you just talking with Akaashi to which he doesn't mind Kageyama. You had a great time catching up with.

After the Barbecue ended, you packed your stuff and said goodbye to  everyone, but mostly you were hugging your pudding friend because you will miss him. After you had to practically drag away from him you sat with Kageyama while reading a book. Not even 20 minutes have past and all of you fell a sleep. You slept while Kageyama slept on your lap, Nishinoya and Tanaka where sleeping on each other, while the others just slept on their chairs.

When you arrived you were walking with the 2 idiots, when something popped up "I'm glad that you two are getting along" you point out to which they nod

You went home and said goodbye to the two. You got home and was greeted by your dad, you two were talking when he said something

"I have some news" he said

"Good or bad?"

"I am joining the japan national volleyball team." He said bluntly

Your eyes widen and you drop your stuff and jump to hug him. You were so happy because you have been trying to convince him to join but he never did after your mom passed away

You asked him what was the reason, and to your surprise it was because after helping you and kageyama he got this feeling that he cannot describe, but can all he could say was that after watch you two play it reminded him of when he was playing.

"Hey dad could we watch your old game?" You asked

"Tch. Sure why not" he said

Your eyes sparkled and you went to garb the old recording that your mom did when they were dating. The whole night it was just you two watching and you basically fangirling over how cool was your dad. At the end you two fell a fell on the couch

A/n: hope you liked this chapter, I think I will do the next chapter about you and Kageyama having a fight but I am not sure..

Word Count: 1399 ☆〜(ゝ。∂)