chapter twenty one

Chapter twenty one

Feeling disappointed, I turned around and walked home. I pulled open the gate, when I heard a voice calling out my name.

"Tife?"

Sounding almost out of breath, possibly from following me, he tried to give a upbeat smile. "Yeah?"

"Anything wrong? It's really dark and I need-"

"Hold on a second."

I glared at him. I certainly didn't like being interrupted, but then noticed how nervous he looked. "Tife?"

He grinned slightly. "I just need to do this."

The look in his eyes made me realize it. I didn't bother stopping him. He moved dangerously closer to me. Each step caused a movement in the muscle of his ripped arms. His eyes locked with mine, as he trailed his hand down my arms. Goosebumps ran across my body, against his delicate touch. He gently pulls me closer, slowly fixing his gaze all over my face.

His fingers then traced my neck, the hairs at the back of my neck stood and I felt chills running down my body. Tife slipped his arms around my waist. Our eyes locked again. Our noses touched slightly, and I closed my eyes in anticipation. His soft lips locked with mine. I ran my fingers through his hair and deepened the kiss. I never expected to want kissing him, and yet, I found myself wanting more. I felt an unusual desire run within me, as our lips touched. It takes everything within me, not to stop and I found myself staring in his eyes. "Good night, Tife."

He slowly lets go of my waist, and sends me a chaste smile. "You too, Nara."

......

Dad quipped. "You seem to be on a good mood. You've been humming for a while now. Is it because you're leaving today? Don't tell me you're excited about that."

The corner of my lips tugged. "It's not that. Today just seems like a really good day". The memories of Tife's intense kiss still rang through my mind, making my thighs clench. I hadn't realized how badly I wanted him.

"I hope it is."

I looked around. "Where's mom?"

"She's with her bestie. She's next door."

"I'll go check on her." A part of me also wanted to see Tife. Even if it's for a little second. I made my way back to the Johnsons' place, and saw my mom having a conversation with Mrs. Johnson.

After greeting them, I informed Mrs. Johnson. "I'm heading back home this afternoon. I've been here long enough."

Mrs. Johnson pouted. "You all are so eager to take your leave. Even Tife left early this morning and I wish he stayed a little longer."

"Tife's gone?"

"Unexpected work stuff. I didn't really pay attention. He said he'd been holding out for long."

I felt disappointed, that he didn't tell me. "Did Imade tell you when she'd be off?"

"This afternoon too."

Mom sniffed. "And now, the houses will become empty again."

"I'll be back soon. I promise."

"You better."

"I need to go check on Imade. We haven't really talked since yesterday"

Mrs. Johnson said. "She's in her room. She's just lying around."

I gave a small nod and moved into the house. I walked all the way to Imade's room and knocked. She opened almost immediately, and smiled at me. "Hey."

"Hi. Where's Victor?"

"He left."

"For good?"

Imade sent me a scowl. "What? No. He left an hour ago. Work stuff."

I frowned. "What work stuff? I thought he's unemployed."

Imade took my arm. "Enough chit chat. I had plans for us, before we head back home."

"What plans?"

"Pottery class."

I repeated. "Pottery class?"

"It'd be fun. I promise. I signed us up. It's starting in an hour and it'd be fun to give it a try."

"I've never thought of pottery as fun, but the idea doesn't sound so bad. At least, it's just us girls again. I like that."

Imade chuckled. "Just us girls. I like that too"

....
Pottery class was pretty cool. With the glazing and shaping, it had its moments. As a first timer, I naturally sucked, but I felt relaxing to do it with Imade.

Imade said. "I need new clothes."

"Please tell me you're not whisking me off to Pero's place."

"Have no fear. She's not around today. I checked. She had today booked for a wedding. Now, are you coming?"

"With so much joy and utter happiness. Yes."

"It's surprising that you two don't get along."

"She thinks I'm too poor to mingle with the likes of you guys. I think she's way over her head."

"Come on. You're not poor."

"Compared to you guys, my family is. Middle classed people don't just happen to get away with that, back then. Pero still sees me as that. We're the poor bunch that happens to live among a lot of rich people. It wasn't easy living like that. I had you, and it made everything easier."

Imade mused. "Here I thought, I spent high school depending on you. When in reality, we needed each other. I never really paid attention to that."

"I never paid attention to your issues either."

"So I guess that we're turning things around then. For the better?"

"A whole 180°. Definitely for the better."