Echoes of Family

Ryker supposed he shouldn't have been surprised when he opened his eyes and found an exact copy of himself hovering over him, all of his wounds healed.

Far stranger things have woken him up, after all.

Getting pounced on by a hellhound, Triton's Herald Horn blaring in his ear, even being tied to a tree while entangled in his tent with the Hunt.

Of course, that didn't stop him from being surprised.

So surprised, in fact, that he bolted up, knocking heads with the boy above him.

"Woah there!" He whined, "I saved your life, dude! And I can't afford to lose any more brain cells."

Ryker leveled him with a blank stare, noting both of their wet sets of clothes. He blinked lazily, drying them both off with a thought.

"I could have done that myself," the boy pouted, "But I was just so excited to see another Son of Poseidon that I guess I just didn't think to do it."

"Percy Jackson," Ryker whispered in realization, giving him a once over.

"Random dying boy," Percy grinned in response.

"Arms up, kid," a blonde boy ordered, "I need to check on the healing of your wound."

Ryker narrowed his eyes, knowing his body well enough that he knew he was completely healed, but at one stern look from Milli he complied.

"You really are the Son of Poseidon," the boy whistled, lifting Ryker's shirt and prodding around a little, "Just add water and you're good as new."

"Careful there, Will," Percy smirked, "Nico's watching."

"Nah," the boy, Will, laughed, "He knows I like his abs better."

Ryker pushed himself to his feet, silently swinging his arms around to restore feeling. He glanced around to assess his surroundings before heading off in a random direction, hearing them continue to buddy banter behind him.

"Besides," he heard Will tease, "People like you aren't Nico's type."

"People like me- You wanna go, Sunshine?"

"Nah, you're not my type either."

"Dude, wait!" Percy yelled after Ryker, noticing his retreating figure, "What's your name?"

"I'm Ryker," he said shortly, "Ryker Jackson."

Percy stumbled back, his cheerful demeanor melting from his face, shock punching him in the gut. "W-What?"

"I'm the eldest born son of Poseidon and Sally Jackson," Ryker continued, "Your full brother. Your twin."

He turned away toward the buildings he'd been heading toward before, leaving Percy still gaping behind him.

"Where are the rest of them?" Ryker asked Ally as if he hadn't just dropped the biggest bombshell on Percy Jackson's life since the discovery of the gods when he was twelve, pretty much the only thing that could've surprised him at this point, "I should go check up on them."

"David's got them in the infirmary," the Daughter of Zeus responded slowly, sending a sidelong glance to Percy, who still didn't seem to be breathing, "Nothing serious, just minor cuts and bruises. Erin's got a cut down the side of her face, but I think she thinks it's cool, so she's fine."

"Alright."

_______________

It didn't take long for Ryker to find the infirmary, what with the stream of injured sparring kids headed in that direction, the clear distinction between it and the cabins, and his own superior observational skills.