My Dear, Sherlock Holmes.

AN~

     Hey there :) new story!! It's a BBC1 Sherlock Fan Fiction :) Rest of the authors note at the end :)

********************************************************************************************************

  Chapter 1:

 To say that Doctor John Watson was devastated about Sherlock's death was an understatement. He needed the consulting detective as much as the latter needed him. And Molly. Poor innocent Molly wept for weeks. The first time she saw how broken John was, she vowed to help him. She visited 221b every other day on her way home from work. John refused to buy milk. It reminded him of Sherlock, so that was Molly's job. The two became very close, so when Molly passed the newspaper stand on her way to Bakers Street she had to get one to show John. Now, after Sherlock fell, John stopped getting the papers. Mostly because of the harassing headlines and fallacious articles on Sherlock. Molly walking in with a paper under her arm had to mean something. 

  “John, you have to see this.” she said, storming into 221b and slapping the paper down in front of John on the desk. He glanced at the front page briefly, then looked back at it with wide eyes. The Female Sherlock Holmes Solves Murder Mystery. “We can talk to her.” offered Molly, “If you want.” 

  “Tell her about Sherlock.” finished John. Before Molly could utter another syllable, John was out the front door, yelling at her to hurry up. 

********

  Working with the British Government is almost never boring. There are murders, suspected suicides, and crazy people like Jim Moriarty. I have some huge shoes to fill, following up the Sherlock Holmes. Lestrade always mentions Sherlock when we’re on a case. Sherlock this, Sherlock that. It gets quite annoying. 

  We had just come back from an investigation (a very boring and easy one by the way), when a blonde man barged into Lestrade’s office. He was about five feet nine inches tall and was wearing a tan colored knit sweater. Obviously former military by the way he stood. A doctor by the look of his hands. He was followed in by a slim blonde woman. Molly, that’s her name. I had met her briefly in the morgue during a few months back. The man talked with Greg in a hushed voice, not noticing me in the corner. “Hello Molly, how’s that man you were taking care of?” I asked. 

  “John Watson.” the man said, “And I’m doing fine.”

  “The one and only John Watson.” I said, standing up and walking towards him. I offered him my hand and a warm smile, receiving a strange look and a handshake from him. “Not what you expected?” I asked. 

  “Honestly? No.” he answered, tilting his head. 

  “Well, how about we go get food?” I offered, “I’m starving.” I smiled at Molly and started towards the door. 

****************************************************************************************************

Hello!!!

Just the first snipit of an idea i got on the bus today. Tell me if you like it!! 

Oh, and if i get any details from the show wrong, I honestly havent seen The Reinbach Fall yet O.o I'M SCARED OK??? :(