Focus

Hello there & Welcome!
Just a couple of things, first be sure to check out the pic above for character reference :) I feel it's always nice to have a visual in your head when your reading.
This book may be slow to update, but you can rest assured knowing that I have the whole basic plot planned, I just have to write it <3
This is an ateez fanfic with a boyxboy story line so get excited if that's your jam haha!
I hope yall enjoy reading this <3
Lorri xx

Lets begin!

Seonghwa clicked his fingers in front of Yuna's face for the 50th time today. "Yuna! Focus"

"Heh? What?" Yuna said looking at Seonghwa with a smile snapping out of her delirium and leaning comfortably on her hand.

"You've been staring at him the whole time we've been here! I need you to focus, I don't want to do this project on my own" Seonghwa tapped his fingers on the book in front of Yuna.

The pair were working on group project in the library for their 60s fashion presentation for their History class.

Seonghwa and Yuna have been friends since year 11 in high school when Seonghwa transferred to Yuna's school. He'd met her by chance, bumping into the feisty and confident girl raiding the art store room for beads and jewels. He'd asked her what she was collecting them for and she had told him it was for a dress she was making for a school project. One thing led to another and they'd soon found out that the both like to design and sew and discussed fashion trends and popular designers.

They have a lot of shared interests, and their love for sewing and design led them to study fashion together at university after graduating, in the hopes of one day designing their own garments for a big fashion company.

Seonghwa knew all too well that when Yuna put her mind to something she'd go all in. Seonghwa just wished that she'd put that effort into the right things; like studying and preparing for their group project. . and not staring at the handsome boy on the other side of the library.

Since they'd started their literature elective this year and said handsome boy had walked into their lecture hall Yuna had been obsessed and laid her claim to him.

Seonghwa thought he was gorgeous too but he was a loyal friend and since Yuna had spoken up about her interest to him first Seonghwa had backed off. Not that he would have acted on his feelings anyway, from the way the guy flirted with any girl that approached him he was pretty sure he was straight. Oh well a boy can dream.

Yuna did frustrate Seonghwa though. Seonghwa had stepped aside so Yuna could pursue the boy known as Hongjoong, except there was one huge problem. Yuna had some sort of boy crush phobia and essentially every time she goes to interact with him she freezes up often meaning that he walks straight past her.

Seonghwa does his best to encourage her, even literally pushing Yuna over to her crush to no avail. Yuna will either freeze up of flee.

Seonghwa sighed as he looked over his shoulder to Hongjoong whom was tapping his pencil on the table, probably in tune to the music coming from the headphones he was wearing.

Seonghwa had found out from Yuna's extensive researching, or as he like to put it 'stalking' that Hongjoong was a music major, he could sing, play the guitar and piano, and wrote his own music. Hongjoong was born in the same year as Seonghwa and was an only child.

Seonghwa looked back to Yuna and sighed, she was never going to focus when Hongjoong was nearby. He looked at his watch observing the time."Let's finish here, it's getting late and I need to get home before it gets too dark" Seonghwa said closing his laptop and books jamming them in his bag.

Yuna nodded, also closing her books, but eyes still glued to Hongjoong.

The pair left the library and hugged before parting ways. Yuna lived on campus so she could quickly get home within 5 minutes of leaving the library, her dorm was barely a walk across the campus away.

Seonghwa on the other hand lived off campus in his own apartment and getting home meant taking a 30 minute or longer bus ride depending on the traffic.

Le time skip

Seonghwa had gotten home before it was too dark, but had to leave his house when he realised that he had a lack of food in his pantry. . . again. He was even out of cup ramen, and cereal didn't seem like an appropriate meal for tea.

From his apartment it was only a 10 minute walk to the main street which consisted of the bakery, the pizza place, a couple of basic stores and the convenience store so he decided to try his luck there.

At the convenience store Seonghwa ended up picking up one of the microwave pasta meals, and a couple of other basic groceries that his fridge and pantry were currently lacking.

He went up to the counter with his basket of goods, smiling at the cashier.

The cashier scanned the items. "That'll be $35.10 please" she told him deadpan as she put his stuff in a bag, it seemed like she was half asleep.

Seonghwa opened his wallet pulling out a 20 and a 10. . .but that was all he had. For some stupid reason he'd left his bank card at home so he couldn't even pay with that. He mentally scolded himself at his own stupidity.

The cashier observed Seonghwa's sullen face, but clearly she didn't care that he didn't have enough money "$35.10 please" she repeated with a huff, tapping her fingers on the counter.

"I ahh, don't have enough" Seonghwa told her, he felt so embarrassed with himself.

"Well are you going to buy anything? Because if not I'm going to have to ask you to leave, I have other customers waiting" she said pointing behind Seonghwa at the one person who was behind him

"Umm I'll take out an item. . .err" Seonghwa fumbled as he opened the shopping bag considering what he could get rid of, the cashier shooting him death glares. Clearly she enjoyed her job . .not.

Suddenly a hand came past him "I'll buy his shopping, and can I grab this too" the voice said as they passed over a 50 and a couple more shopping items.

Seonghwa went to tell the stranger that it was ok, he'll just get rid of something but the cashier didn't even think twice as she scanned the extra items and took the 50 and gave over the change.

The mystery person grabbed the cash out of Seonghwa's hand and took the shopping from the grumpy cashier. "Come on, we'll work out whose is whose outside"

The stranger walks out of the store and Seonghwa follows behind as they make their way to a little table that was set up just outside the store.

"Thank . . " Seonghwa suddenly stopped, his heart going from zero to a hundred in a second. He hadn't gotten a good look at his mystery saviour since they had one of those ridiculous bucket hats on that hid most of his face, but now that hat had come off and was sitting on the table Seonghwa could see their face all to clearly. He stopped breathing as he looked into the eyes of a man, a very handsome man he knew all too well.

Hongjoong.