Friends Till The End

The patients eating their food at different tables are what occurs now at the moment as Heather found herself eating alone. She just ate by herself in the place as there was really no one else she could really talk to here. Taking a bite of her mash potatoes, she glances over to Beth Andrews, the woman who wanted to murder Lieutenant Carter, sitting alone eating her food. She was clearly depressed and although Heather wanted to speak with her she knew otherwise. Beth had severe bitterness towards the psychologists, basically anyone for that matter, who defended Lieutenant Carter, her gripes shown best with Dr.Mackinder. If her attitude gets worse, then it'll be decided that she'll be sent to the prison. Heather did feel sorry for her but knew that she made the choice to bring the gun into the diner where she worked. It terrified her that day but she was very lucky that the Alta Heroes stepped in and managed to hold her off with their words. Heather then focused back on her food as Jennifer was now the focus, eating the green beans, sirloin steak, and steamed carrots put on her plate. After she takes the last two bites of her stake which finishes the main course of her meal, she then focuses on her veggies. Suddenly, two other trays made their way to the table, it's carriers being Gloom and Ivory. Her eyes widening were enough to make out her shocked face.
Gloom:Hello, Jennifer.
Ivory:Hey, Jen.
The two young men say to her.
Jen:Hey Gloom, Tyler.
The moment of silence was enough to tell that they're still new to this whole thing. A moment or so passes, however, before Ivory breaks the silence.
Ivory:Jen, I'm sorry. I mean it. I was a complete idiot. I was heartbroken by Mallory's betrayal and I took it out on you. I'm sorry.
The silence came back for only a moment before Jen speaks again.
Jen:I'm sorry too.
The two were stunned for a short while before Jen explains herself.
Jen:I shouldn't have controlled you guys like I did. I wanted to keep us together and I wanted all of us to participate in our goal of protecting the city but I lost sight of myself. I made everything worse, nearly ruined your lives, and I'm sorry.
Gloom:"moment of pause" Jennifer, you didn't ruin our lives. Yes, you've made mistakes but we all have. Us beings make mistake for reasons, for us to grow and sometimes to knock us down a peg.
Tyler:Yeah, we forgive you. But, can you forgive us?
Jen:Maybe we could start over?
Tyler:I would actually like that.
Gloom:I would like that too.
"Mellow/Uplifting acoustic guitar music starts"
Jen, Gloom, and Ivory had small, teeth covering smiles on their faces as we now see another person willing to join their group.
Heather:Hey, can I join you guys?
The team, not wishing to be rude, let her. Taking her seat, Heather continues eating her food with the Macabre team members before we cut to her speaking with Sam and Nevin an hour later.
Heather:So, then I learned that Gloom modeled his mask from demons that plagued the world way back in ancient times back when dark poetry started showing up. Ivory told me that he loves white and blue as those were his two colors he'd prefer for his room, so nothing symbolic from his choosing of his costume colors.
Nevin:Neat. Well, it sounds like they're doing good.
Sam:How about you?
Heather:I'm doing alright. I mean, I've only been here for a day, so.
Sam:Well, we just wanted to let you know that we're going to visit you every Wednesday we can.
Nevin:Yeah, so you don't have to feel like we're forgetting you cause we're not.
Heather:Well, I didn't count on that.
The three friends chucked for a bit before speaking again.
Sam:So, I know it's not going to be easy, but these guys are gonna help you Heather.
Nevin:Yeah, they've helped me too, ya know.
Heather:Thank you guys. I know it's not going to be easy but I'll somehow get what I need.
Sam:Yeah, and we're going to help you get there. We promise.
Heather:I know.
The three friends look at each other for a few brief moments before speaking again.
Nevin:Hey, remember when we went down that huge waterfall back in middle school?
Sam:Oh hell yeah!
Heather:I mean, I didn't realize how fricken extreme it would be! How did you guys even find that place?
Nevin:I knew I guy, ok? Don't judge me!
The three friends giggled and laughed as they continued talking about the good days they've had until the two teens were seen walking away from the building, speaking to one another in the process.
Nevin:How are you feeling?
Sam:Well, I don't wanna beat myself up anymore so that's a plus.
Nevin:Look, it wasn't your fault ok? It was no one's fault but those dipshits Heather has for parents.
Sam:Dipshits indeed. I can't believe she was going through this crap. I just thought her parents were just a bunch of strict jerks.
Nevin:"scoffs" Yeah, I would've thought that too. But, they're in jail now.
Sam:Yeah, those pieces of shit are gonna have a fun time there.
The two chucked at their joke before speaking again.
Sam:Anyways, whats your plans for Thanksgiving tomorrow?
Nevin:Nothing, just celebrating the fact that work isn't happening that day.
Sam:Same here. You wanna hang out?
Nevin:Sure thing.
Sam:Cool. You mind if anyone else joins?
Nevin:Nope. Who did you have in mind?
The boy asks as this episode draws to a close.