Chapter 1: The forgotten

My day really only starts in class, learning all about the Empire, and daydreaming to my heart's content. But at some point, those dreams become nightmares. I remember the thick, hazy smoke entering my lungs, the sound my house made when the bombs demolished it into pieces of rubble so small, they were like sand, the way the black, pitch black, coal settled on my shoes. The way I heard the screams and they became the only thought in my mind as I run, and the darkness...

   Black, In my opinion, is the strangest color of all. Of course, black is not a color, but a shade. Insignificant, meant to be forgotten. At least, that what the Empire teaches us.

   The Empire teaches us to forget many things, one example being the dead. They tell us this, "Forget about the dead. Because it does not do to dwell in the past, for instead, you should be thinking about the future." They say that the dead should be like leaves on a windy day, there for a second, then gone in the next, never to be seen, or remembered, ever again.

   I don't really agree with this, because of my sister, Hazel, and my brother James. They were my everything. And if I forget everything, then who am I? 

   Sadly, that is an answer for another day, since my evil teacher Ms. Garcia called me to the board. "Ms. Evans, what does section 7.33 of article 5 of the Empire Accords state?" I reck my brain for the answer, thankfully with my photographic memory, I am able to find it.

"Section 7.33 of article 5 of the Empire Accords states, that no propaganda of the Empire is allowed, and if somebody is caught spreading propaganda, they will be subjected to a year in prison"

   My teacher and the rest of the class gave me a sour look as I perfectly recite the paragraph. They're all furious because they believe me to be perfect, a flawless genetic experiment. My family was chosen from thousands of candidates to join Project 453. Before I was even born, they made me without flaw, perfect looks, athletics, and intelligence. There used to be hundreds like me until the bombs came down, and only 5 survived.

   My older brother and sister were born naturally, so they were normal. For that reason, people at school despise me. Because, in this world, something different, something unique, is either treasured or shunned. It's pretty obvious that most people at my school chose the latter. All but my best friend Patricia.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   So what you guys think? I hope you liked it please comment if you did. I will try to make it longer next time. If you have any suggestions or corrections please tell me. All hate WILL be blocked. Remember to comment and vote. - Isabel ❤❤❤ Also, I don't know how to dedicate so I dedicate this to one of my best friend Fefe. -FefeNaAmerica-

   This song goes along with the first part of the chapter. I'm too obsessed with Hamilton to pass up the opportunity.

Of course, you put in a Hamilton song. Hi this is Fefe, I'm editing the book for Bliss and well, you guys aren't ready for what's coming, trust me, and neither is Lilly. Anyways, got to go;).

-Fê