Quiet one

Sidon's POV

Zora's Domain was saved. Vah Ruta had calmed, and you could see the stars at night now.

My father, King Dorephan, decided to celebrate in Link's honor. We... he saved the Domain.

we had lit up the area, and music played. Everyone was having an enjoyable time, conversing amongst themselves and their close ones. Children ran around playing silly games.

I smiled to myself, looking over everything from the second floor. Anyone could easily come up here, but nobody did. They were preoccupied with food, drinks, and socializing.

Everyone was there. Fronk, Laflat, Torfeau, Jihato, and many more. Even my father had managed to get down there. Though, amongst the crowd I couldn't seem to find the small Hylian.

My gaze shifted to the fountain of my late sister. It hurt. She disappeared a century ago, but the wounds were still fresh. For almost all of us who could remember.

With a sigh I walked away from the balcony. As I walked away from everything and everyone a soft song became more audible.

It was relaxing, soothing almost. I decided to track down the source of said song.

The smell of cooked fish became stronger until I could see a small figure sitting on a tree. Right outside of the west bridge, overlooking the waterfall.

"Link?" I called, making the figure jump and the sweet music stop. The figure in the tree hopped down onto the ground, and kept their head down.

"Link... what are you doing all the way out here? Everyone is looking for you. You are the guest of honor, after all." I asked, crouching down.

He looked up at me, and put away the small instrument. I stopped him, curiosity getting the better of me.

Link's hands were so soft and so small in comparison. He didn't have claws. And his skin was a light sand color.

He let me hold the small blue instrument with a small smile.

"What is it? It is amazing..." I whispered, gently turning it over in my hands.

'An Ocarina. I found it in a town a while back...' he signed, and reached back out for the small device.

I handed it back to him with a smile.
"You always seem to find the most interesting things on your journeys, don't you?"

He chuckled and put it away into a small satchel. The cloth was worn and had a few poorly sewn up holes in it.

"Let's go. I'm sure everyone will be quite pleased to see you. After everything you did, you saved us." I said softly, and stood back up. Link didn't follow me, so I turned to look at him.

'Sidon... you helped too. You should be celebrated as much as me.' Link signed, walking up to me with his small legs.

"N-no! I assure you, it is fine. I didn't really do anything, I just..."

Link pulled at my arm fin, grabbing my attention.
'I am nothing to celebrate. Go have fun, I... I have to get ready to defeat Ganon. Zelda can only hold him for so long and-'

"Link, you are amazing! Of course you deserve to be celebrated! Zelda can wait one more night, trust me. You need to eat, I can see your ribs through holes in your shirt Link." I interrupted and gestured back to the celebration.

Link pursed his lips then began to walk along the bridge. He was dragging his feet, and I think part of me was too.

Link suddenly stopped and turned to me, hair blowing in the gentle breeze.
'Sidon?'

"Yes my hero?"

The Hylian sighed and looked at the ground for a second. He just turned back around and continued to walk, shaking his head a little.

I walked behind him, noticing the slight limp he had now. I was so happy that he made it back okay but... something seemed different about him. It was as if he knows more. Remembered something.

I'm sure it is nothing... I am just reading too much into the little Hylian.

His stomach growled and I tilted my head to the side. The celebration was by the fountain, but Link refused to look that way. He kept averting his gaze from it like it was something horrible.

I would've questioned it if not for all of the people around us now. Women instantly crowded around Link and thanked him. A few even tried to flirt, but Link just shook his head and held up his hands. We were separated just moments later.

"Sidon!" I heard someone squeal, and the usual group of women crowded me too. They praised me, and offered me things. I declined their (somewhat strange) offerings politely, all the while looking around for Link. However it seemed as if he was lost in a sea of Zora.

The hero was gone from my sight, and for some reason I found myself feeling a little bit panicked. Maybe it had something to do with my sister, or maybe the whole ordeal with Ruta.

All of everything had been a mess lately. I was just hoping it would even out. But nobody said life was easy... and it sure wasn't. Not for Mipha. Not for the Lynel near Shatterback Point. Not even for the fish that swim under the Inogo bridge.

I guess all of my thinking influenced my expression because the women backed off.

"Thank Hylia..." I whispered and sat down next to the Goron Reagah.

"Got any rocks, bud?" They asked.

I sighed and put my head in my hand.
"No..."