Back to Us

"Baby, Can you hear me."

It was now the next morning and Alex was just waking up.

"What happened?"

"You had a panic attack and went into a state of shock and passed out. I didn't know what was going on so I called the ambulance so that the hospital could check you out.

"They put an IV in you and checked our blood pressure/levels. You've been knocked out ever since."

"But what happened before that. Did I dream about the s tape and Kellen/Olivia situation.

"No baby, that happened and it's handled."

Derek paused before he went on. He wanted to make sure his words came across the right way.

"Alexandra," before he could go on Alex stopped him.

"I know you want to talk about what happened and our disagreement but I don't have the energy right now. Can you go get the doctor so I can get discharged? All I want to do is go home and sleep."

Derek left and went to get the doctor so that Alex could get discharged. After an hour of checking out and signing papers, they were free to go. Moses picked them up from the hospital and took them home. The car ride consisted of Moses filling them in on the legal process and what's to come with the Kellen and Olivia situation.

"So where is our tape?" Alex finally looked up from her phone and asked.

"I have the hard drive and the detective is checking their house for copies. We are going through email records to make sure they didn't send it off to anyone."

"Ok, what are the next steps?"

"They will be getting charged and will be booked. The judge will determine whether or not they can make bail this afternoon. They will get charged with a felony."

"Can we sue?" Alex asked concerned.

"Yes, you can but that will be a drawn-out legal process with a lot of press and media attention. It's completely up to you if you want to go down that path. If so, I can start the process."

Alex looked at Derek for direction.

"Alex, I'll leave this up to you. I'll support whatever you want to do."

"Moses, we'll let you know our decision tomorrow. Thanks for driving us home. We'll see you later."

Derek got out of the car and went to the side Alex was on to help her out of the car. They made their way upstairs to their house. The elevator ride was silent. As soon as Alex walked through the door, she saw Star and Simone waiting for her. She ran to them giving them the tightest group hug. She needed them at this moment.

"What are you guys doing here?"

"Derek texted us letting us know what went down. He gave us the spare key so we could set up a girls day." Simone explained.

"Surprise," Star added on.

"Well, I'll leave you girls to it. I have some business errands to run. I'll be back later." Derek kissed Alex on the cheek and walked out the door.

Star took notice of the couples body language. She knew something was up.

"What's up with y'all?"

"Nothing. We are fine."

"Again, I'll ask. What's up with y'all?"

"Nothing. We are just having an off week. We'll get it together."

Star and Simone gave each other a knowing look. Simone nodded knowing she needed to be the one to reel Alex in.

"Alex, you know we love you right? And know what I'm about to say is coming from the goodness of my heart, but your "getting it together" is blocking the problem from your mind and letting it linger until it blows up. You need to talk to Derek."