34 - Never Happened

Start from the beginning

My mother pulled away from the covers and led me down in the bed then tucked me in placing a motherly kiss on my forehead."I'll get you some dinner in bed okay." I sighed shaking my head adjusting myself onto my pillows, "I'm not hungry." I rasped.

My mother sighed putting a hand on my forehead just to check for any other signs of sickness, "Nope. You need to eat. You can't pass out with an empty stomach."

I chuckled lightly as she mocked a pitted smile, "I'm not hungry Mama." "I'll be right back" she smiled, disappearing down the stairs. I groaned in annoyance at her stubbornness and her lack of care she had and rolled over to my side nesting myself into the pillow and covers. My mind has slipped away from all the negatives and my eyes fall heavy it is as I was obligated to fall asleep.

But quicker than ever had my mind and eyes snapped open to the sound of my mother's cheery voice, "Room service!"

I sighed with somewhat annoyance but most of all happiness, it was hard to resist smiling when such happiness from another. It was always my mother that knew how to make me happy, how to put a smile on my face and how to figure out what was so wrong in my mind.

"Thank you, Mama." I smiled sheepishly. Even though we had guest downstairs and she as the hostess Mama never hesitated to make herself comfortable next to me.

I didn't bother to shop her away either. "Make sure you try the salad," she said excitedly, " -I added something a little extra this time."

I chuckled inspecting the greens getting a forkful and excitedly popped it in my mouth. A wide range of flavours had burst into my mouth, bittersweet by the tomatoes and lettuce, saltiness from the pink salmon and chilly that was marinated within.

Heaven. "I can taste chilly"

She flashed a proud smile and nodded her head, "I like it" I said. Mama smiled one again and patted my hair as I took another bite. "So are you going to tell me what happened today, or are you going to pretend it never happened?"

I looked over at her as she knowingly smiled at me and adjusted herself to listen; it was as if she knew I was going to give in and explode with a new tale.  I opened my mouth but sighed with debate. "I don't know if I should say."
"Well it can't be what I think, can it?"

For a moment I froze and gulped down my food, ever so calmly I said. "What do you think?" Mama took a breath placing her palms on her lap. "I think. You smoked pot."

Maybe once. 

"No Mama." I protested faking in shock. She hummed with doubt but later fell silent as she looked around my room. Soon she had said. "Tiana, I allow you to do whatever you want when you want. All I need is your honesty and responsibility."

Stuffing my face and chewing avoiding her answer, "I can't talk with my mouth full." Mama cringed almost slapping my face but I laughed ducking away. "Tiana, if you can't tell me who can you tell?"

I rolled my eyes finally sighed with annoyance, placing my bowl on the bedside table next to her. I clasped my hands together and shot her a serious look. "I don't need you to lecture me because of what I did, I know it's wrong."

Her blue eyes widened but quickly nodded with understanding, "and what did you do."

"I just need your advice," I whispered, hoping to God she wouldn't notice the sudden croak of sadness. This time her hands curled around mine and held them with that motherly support.

"What would you do if you are in love with two people and can't decide who you love more."

Those pale blue eyes had widened just a little bit until they recovered in understanding. It was as if she knew what I was saying. She put a hand on my shoulder. "Well Tiana, for more than all the reasons.-" she began squeezing me gently looking me dead in the eyes, "-You shouldn't ever go behind someone's back"

I knew it.

"You can't have both," she said with a bit of a chuckle. I didn't even twitch a smile due to the fact her advice was no help at all. "Fine. Whatever" I groaned. When she noticed my frown she sighed.

"The person you love most both love you just the same; I can see it myself and it brakes my heart to see you both so neglected and infatuated by each other. But it's up to first work on yourself, then diced who you want and love."

I still for a moment, processing her words. I smiled gently nodding slowly, "Okay Mama."

She smiled and shrugged like a smartass. "Whatever." I had to laugh. Soon there was a small knock at the door, both Mum and I had stopped laughing as someone peeked their head through. "Helloo" he sang.

Nickola stepped in with a giant goofy grin, instantly both Mama and I lowered. "Is everything okay in here?" Nikola asked softy, he stood by the door as if he didn't want to impose.