Dedication & Prologue

Dedicated to:

iEvil, my friend on Howrse.com, for the idea as well as for support

Esperanza Flores, my bestest friend

Sam Smith Klein Katz Cola, Angel Macias, and Amber Dukes, for without all their craziness I could not have had my second best inspirations/ friends ever!

Also, thanks to all my other friends at

www.howrse.com

for helping me with the characters.

'When in doubt, pull a book out!' ~Angel Macias, my advisor in school. ^_^

-

-

-

Prologue

The world was in shambles. Debris lay shattered against the earth. White lined paper bustled through the wind. The barren land abruptly sprouted tall structures.

And in this land, there were shadows. Shadows that crept and crawled, shadows that pulsed as living things. In these shadows, death was vivid; it claimed all. In this land was death.

But in this land, a girl stood, calmly observing the events laid before her. Her black hair wavered in the battering winds; she blinked. Her hands lay at her sides. Her breath billowed away as a cloud of steam, her breathing steady. Her eyes saw all; her ears heard everything; she was The One. The One who had found it.

Somehow escaping the foreboding shadows of death, evil and monstrosities, she understood now. She knew all now. Her emotions had ebbed away completely long ago; she felt nothing. But, what were feelings worth if one was all alone?

They were chosen from the start. They had their journey together. But now… Her feet and legs hung limply in the air, as she left her wings to take care of her in the sky.