Chapter 2; School Time!

“Oh well. Come on, we’re late, again!” Her mother exclaimed. They both rushed downstairs.

When they got into the kitchen, Tenshi started. Father wasn’t in his chair. He always sat in his chair. “Where’s dad, mom?”

“Oh, um… At work.” Her mother responded rather quickly. Too quickly.

“Mom, dad doesn’t need to work right now. What happened?” Tenshi frowned.

“Tenshi, let’s not do this right now.” Her mother stiffened.

“Why not? I want to know where Dad is.”

“You want the truth?”

“What else?”

“He’s… He’s in the hospital..” Her mother’s voice cracked.

“What happened to him?!” Tenshi gasped as realization struck. “Dad got sick, didn’t he?! Is he still alive? Will he die?!”

“Tenshi, the doctors don’t know, but they’ll do what they can. He has the weirdest symptoms… Stone eyes. He isn’t responsive. A low heartbeat.” Her mother burst into tears.

“Dad…” Tenshi’s heartbeat rose. Her eyes flashed violet.

“What just happened?”

“What?!”

“Your eyes… They were violet, I swear..”

“Mom, you must be hallucinating.”

“I must be. Well, let’s make you some lunch.”

Her mom started frantically packing her lunch while cooking breakfast. She shoved a plate of 'breakfast' at Tenshi, which she barely stopped from going all over her shirt. She glared at her mom with fire in her eyes. She ate the 'breakfast', then put the dish on the piles of dishes on the counter. She got her backpack, put her lunch in it, then got in the car. There, she didn't even get to relax. As was seemingly tradition, she gripped onto the sides of her seat as her mom sped to school, running stop-signs and red-lights, road-raging, cutting corners, and alot of other charges that a police officer could put on her. She got Tenshi to school, thankfully.

Tenshi hurriedly got out of the car, then went inside the school. There, she was questioned by the receptionist lady. “Hello. Did your mom fill out the form?”

“What form?” Tenshi’s face screwed up with confusion.

“The form for the field trip today.”

“There’s a field trip today?”

“Yes, but apparently, you’re staying at school with the other kids. Go to your classroom, missy.”

“Um… Ok..” Tenshi just couldn’t ignore one aspect of the receptionist. Her stone-grey eyes, with no depth or expression.

She went to her classroom, where she, again, met Ben, Vanessa, and Maka.

“You guys didn’t get the ‘form’ either?” She asked them.

They all nodded their heads. Amir said, “I didn’t even hear about this so-called ‘field trip’.”

“Same with me!” Tenshi exclaimed.

Then she, again, glared at Maka and, abnormally, could smell and sort out all of the smells in the room. Maka, as normal, was stinky, as he didn't shower often. Ben was wearing a man's cologne, undoubtedly. Vanessa smelled as if she were frozen. Amir was remarkably clean smelling, and she decided that he'd showered this morning.