Chapter Thirteen - Ex-man of the house

Nya arrived home, a little annoyed.

"Skylor, I'm back!" She called out but when she turned around to look at the counter, she saw someone she was expecting to see.

"Where have you been?!" Kai asked.

"I was...um... at a friend's house." She replied.

"You mean boyfriend?" Skylor raised an eyebrow.

Nya fell speechless.

"I told you that you don't have time for that kind of stuff, Nya." Kai told her.

"But you're with Skylor!" Nya argued.

"We're older!" Kai shouted back.

"But Jay is different and he's--" Nya stopped herself.

"That Jay guy?! So he's distracting you from this job, huh? The job that I asked you to do? The job that you promised you would do for me?" Kai continued.

"I know and I'm sorry but Jay is going through a rough time at the moment. His father passed away yesterday and his snobby Aunt Katherine, she's--" Nya explained.

"I don't care what's happening in his life! All I care about is you doing as I had told you. I counted on you Nya!" Kai shouted.

"I'm sorry. I'll focus from now on." Nya told him sympathetically.

"Yes, you will because I forbid you from seeing him." Kai told her.

"What?!" Nya exclaimed, her eyes wide.

"He's distracting you, Nya. He's no good, okay?" Kai sighed.

"But Kai--"

"No buts. Skylor will keep a very close eye on you at school." Kai said.

"Please don't do this Kai." Nya pleaded.

"I had to come back early because of you. Maybe you deserve it." Kai stated angrily.

Nya turned to Skylor. "Why would you do this? I thought you were my best friend."

Skylor broke eye contact.

"She was doing the right thing." Kai replied.

"I HATE YOU BOTH!!" Nya screamed before running upstairs and slamming her bedroom door.

"Here you go, Brady. How do you like your room?" Jay smiled.

"It's okay, I guess. Where is your room? Is it green? Do you have a diary? Is it under your bed? Can I read it?" He rushed.

"No, Brady, I don't have a diary." Jay rolled his eyes.

"Are you sassing me? Do I have to tell mother? MOTHER!!" Brady shouted.

"No! No, I wasn't sassing you, Brady." Jay sighed. "Look, why don't you get settled in? I have to go to school."

"School? What's school? Do people like you there?" He asked.

"I don't know. I'm going." Jay walked out of the room.

I honestly cannot deal with this anymore. It's only been a day and they are already driving me crazy. They're gonna make things worse for me...

"I'll see you around 6, Aunt Katherine." Jay called out by the front day. Katherine wandered up to him in her black heels.

"6? But school finishes at 3." She frowned.

"Yeah, I usually go to Cole's house after school on Mondays." Jay told her.

"Not anymore. I'm in charge now. And you come straight home after school everyday. Do you hear me?" She glared at him.