Chapter 4: Reviving Your Engines

"Lisa open the damn door!" A deceivingly small but obscenely effective voice calls through Lisa's closed condo door. Lisa sits, dejectedly, on her couch on the other side of the room. She's been here since her early morning boost and 'meeting' with Hunter where she listened to his needless droning for far longer than should be culturally acceptable. She makes no effort to get up, answer the door, or reply to her friend whom is still actively shouting at her from the other side.

"Lalisa Pranpriya Manoban, it's too damn late in the night to be sulking! And don't even think about pretending you're not there, I know you are. I can hear you're heavy breathing on the other side of this door and I command you to open up and let me the buck in right now!"

Her heavy breathing? Well, that's insulting. Lisa manages to roll her eyes at the use of the word 'command'. Seems like there are a lot of people 'commanding' her these days.

First, Hunter decided to re-inform Lisa that she was expected to treat their guests with at least a little hospitality. Lisa had, hospitably, turned her nose up at her brother and insisted that if perhaps there were any reason to warrant such action than she would be more than happy to oblige but as it is, there is not and thus she has no desire to be pleasant to anyone who does not wholly deserve it and who are technically invading her turf.

Further, seeing as how Hunter is not indisputably in charge of her, he can kindly piss off and puppies and rainbows and yeah.

There may have been a few more less than courteous words, but details.

There's more incessant pounding on the door. Lisa sighs. She really wishes she had the power to just turn some sounds off every now and again.

"I'm not in the mood Chaeyoung. Now go away!" Lisa finally yells towards the door of her home. She knows her friend will hear her. She's also painfully aware of the fact that even when Chaeyoung does hear her; the woman is not going to give up. She's a stubborn mule and it's not in her nature. Chaeyoung, and she's always told Lisa that once you do that there's not much of anything in the world that can stop or phase you.

So far, Chaeyoung's proven that to be quite true.

"I'm flattered that you'd think of me like that but seriously, if you don't open this door I'll get Hodong to knock it down."

Lisa's eyes go wide. She definitely doesn't want the muscle of her crew coming around and knocking her doors down. That man's got some guns, and that's one set that Lisa's definitely not going to mess with. She bounds from her place on the couch and walks over to the door, undoing the thirty seven locks and pulling the door open just enough to be met with blazing hazel brown eyes and a flash of blonde pink hair.

"Okay first of all, ew Chaeyoung, you're like a sister to me so I definitely do not think of you like that, ever. And second, don't sic Hodong on me over this. I just want some space." She tells her friend who rolls her eyes in return.

"Which means, of course, from everybody except me." Chaeyoung replies and follows up by her strong-arming her way into Lisa's condo. Really it doesn't take much, Chaeyoung pushes and Lisa, too weak to fight anything right now, takes a few steps back and lets her through. Not before rubbing her temples with the pads of her fingers. Too much stress, she needs something, or rather someone, to relax her.

"If you must come in, fine, but let me sulk in silence." Lisa supplies and watches the way a smirk stretches across Chaeyoung's face triumphantly as she strides in and her floral sundress billows behind her like a regal flag. Her silence lasts about 30 seconds, but that's a record for her. Chaeyoung is domineering and straight to the point. She gets to the couch and spins around to face Lisa who is sluggishly making her way back over to her original seat.