Chap. 34

Alan's pov

By a little bit, he must have meant for a while. He wasn't exact on his wording it seemed.

The sky was still a dark purple surface with some pink mixed in here and there, as the sun slowly came out more. I could see my breath whenever I breathed out.

From my window, I eventually glanced away from the sky and saw Bob. He had a snowball in his gloved hand, throwing it up into the air a bit only to catch it.

He must have been waiting for me to come out to throw it at me. Thank goodness he didn't notice me, this would be a much better feat. Throwing snowballs of my own at him. I would just have to leave out the house without him noticing.

I ran for my jeans and started to pull them on, glancing out the window I noticed something about him changed. It was like the mood was different. I would have thought he saw me or something, but it was definitely something else.

His face scrunched up, he had to be thinking about something. The snowball once constantly rising in the air and fall back in his hand, hardly left his hand now. The final time it landed in his hand he squeezed it so tight the snowball crumbled in his hand, dropping to the ground.

On queue my phone lit up, but before I could reach it Bob glanced up a bit and our eyes met. He put his hand up, it felt like he held it there forever before waving. And the smile he gave didn't last as long, nor did it feel the same.

Even after running outside to greet him face to face didn't feel the same as always. And the atmosphere between us now didn't feel like a good change. But I couldn't bring anything up without proof, I was probably just overthinking-

All of a sudden snowballs are coming straight at me, aiming at my face, chest, everywhere. I hit the cold ice, letting out a heaving breath. The pale gray sky drops snow on me, and soon I see Kaden and Landon grinning down at me like idiots. Any other time I would curse them out with a grin right back at them.

But a storm was coming.

I glanced over at Bob briefly. He stared at me for a moment before letting out a breath and smiled at the other two, telling then "good job" but in big long words that wasn't needed. That was Bob for ya, but the Bob I know now just kept flickering- changing.

I felt my body grow numb by the snow and ice surrounding me. And by the cause of something else settling deep inside me.

How many times was Bob gonna switch on me?

Once again I would say I'm crazy, and paying way too much attention to him. But now I can say I wasn't paying enough attention.

Bob started avoiding me like I was the plague. Automatically I would think I had did something again. But I could have sworn I've been on my best behavior. So I tried thinking, actually thinking and it almost felt like I was doing math or science shit. Trying to figure out what I did wrong.

When I do see Bob, such as with our friends coming to my job he doesn't even properly look at me. He hardly speaks to me, and Landon of course is acting like it's not happening. Kaden is awkward about it, glancing between us. And Bob just decides to make conversation with thw two of them, I may get a "hello" mumbled under his breath but that is it.

Honestly I'm starting to think that I'm just a fuck up. And that I'll always ruin something, especially with Bob.

"Our fries are cold." Bob mumbles softly holding the bag out to me with his gaze on the floor.

I stare at him for a while before looking at the bag and taking it. "I don't know why, but I'll get you guys some hot ones." I sigh before walking to the back yelling for some fresh fries.

Once I come back to my post Bob is gone, he's back at the table woth our friends- his friends. I can barely hang out with them with the awkwardness between Bob and I. What's crazy is that I don't even know how or why it happened.

And it was slowly driving me crazy, it's been maybe month or so now. February was on it's way, the SATs would be coming in March. And I was forced to study on my own since Bob would either avoid me or be too quiet during our study times. And I couldn't forget his gift....his Christmas gift of some smarty books and comic books couldn't top it. But how could I even give it to him when he seems to can't even stand to be around me.

I felt my heart banging against my chest, and heat boiling in the pit of my stomach. I was at work, I needed to relax. So I took quick deep breaths, trying to look at anything but at him. But eyes always seemed to wander to him.

Eventually his fries were ready, it wasn't all of theirs. I knew that already, otherwise he wouldn't have been the one to come up to the counter to talk to me. I decided to deliver them by walking to their table. I felt my fingers clench the bag and my steps were shaky. I placed the small bag in front of Bob.

"Sorry for the mishap, enjoy." I shot him a grin before walking off quickly.

From my shoulder I saw them all give me a weird look. And lastly I saw Bob grab the note out of the fries I had left him. That made me run faster behind the counter, even to the break room. What I needed most, was a break.

IMPORTANT : I've been offered an opportunity with Inkitt!  And it would mean the world to me if you read Honey Shot on there (it's FREE to read), and share the news with others too. 25 chapters of Honey Shot will remain on wattpad and the the complete version will be on Inkitt! Yes this is a paid opportunity, but I need readers in order to have that happen. Please like it and review it!

I'm going to try to edit Honey Shot, and I may even make a new cover for it on there. Hopefully I can edit it, but we will see. I have edited like small bits and pieces of it, but the type of editing I want to do would take a while. I know it could be a lot better than how it is now, after all I wrote it a long time ago.

Thank you all for reading, here is the link to Honey Shot on Inkitt, that is also on my bio and message board! I'll comment it here ⇒

Thank you all for reading!