Chap. 8

Alan's pov

Most of my night was filled with texting Bob. During that time Bob gave me ideas on how to get Stacie. Later on, I got my bag and did my work, I didn't see mom so she probably was in her room. I eventually hit the hay after he said he should be going to sleep. Waking up on a Saturday was always a good feeling, no school even though I still had homework to do. I got my work out again yawning and started getting back to work in it. I finished most of it last night thankfully. I still needed to apologize to mom, probably best to do it after I'm done with what I have to do.

"Alan." I heard mom's voice behind my door and I glanced up.

"Yeah come in," I said quietly and continued doing my homework as mom opened the door walking in.

"We need to talk about last night." she sighed as she sat on the bed.

"I'm sorry mom, I shouldn't have yelled at you and said what I said. It was wrong of me." I apologized as I worked.

I felt my ear being tugged. I groaned and looked up at my mom who was glaring slightly. She sighed before letting go.

"Don't bite the hand that feeds you. I was going to tell you I quit my job because I was offered a better job that not only pays more but I can work fewer hours too," she explained.

"What?! That's great mom!" I smiled rubbing my ear.

"Uh huh, now are you glad that you listened to me? What's great about this job is that it's a fancy food place where I can bake and be a waitress. But it pays very well surprisingly plus I can get tips." she said smiling now.

"Well I'm really happy mom..I'm really sorry about last night." I apologized again and she messed up my hair making me grumble.

"Just try not to do it again," she responded and I nodded as I finished up my homework. "I'm glad you're doing your work also;"

I looked up from my work to see her holding up a beer can. A can that I knew I must have forgotten to throw away. Looking away I put up my work.

"Won't happen again, Mom," I muttered.

"Where did you get it from?" she asked with her eyes narrowed.

"Uhh...a guy from school." I sighed.

"Do I need to call your school?"

"No! It won't help anything anyway. It'll just cause a lot of problems." I said quickly.

"Well then don't follow the crowd help lead them on the right track or less your own crowd on the right path." mother lectured me and I nodded sighing.

"Okay, mom." I nodded and she stood up.

"Good," she responded kissing my forehead before leaving my room.

I sighed but smiled a bit. I was glad that I fixed things with mom. No the only thing I was glad about. With this new job, mom got maybe we could get a better house and be more relaxed. Getting my phone I started typing a message to Stacie but I didn't send it. I didn't want to seem so weird sending a text in the morning. Looking through my messages I went back to Bob and I's messages. There I read the ideas he gave me.

Bob

Bob: On this website it says girls like a guy to take charge, make things happen. But I say some girls don't since there are girls who like to do that role.

Me: Yeah yeah Bobby yo. Anything else?

Bob: Well I watched some videos and did some more research on other websites and started writing up a plan with steps that can possibly help you with the kind of girl Stacie is I think. But I don't know much about her so I tried to write down ones that would work for most girls.