Chapter Twenty Two

OMG LAST CHAPTER - I'm gonna cry. Don't forget to vote and comment along the way. See you in the SEQUEL!

---

Matty's POV

We were now in Paris. The city of love. The city of lights.

Everybody was pretty excited. Especially Jane who had spent most of her day shopping in posh french stores. Hann, George and Ross had talked about sightseeing all morning and after hours of begging, they had finally managed to drag me along for a couple of hours before we again had returned to our hotel. Paris was great, but it wasn't Rome.

My right knee was jumping up and down as I sat in the big leather couch in our hotel room. I scanned the room as I subconsciously threw my lighter into the air repeatedly out of pure restlessness. Hann had just changed the strings on his fender guitar and was now tuning it. George was busy typing on his phone. He had done so since we had gotten back, and he had refused to tell me with whom he was texting. The rest of the band seemed to accept George's secrecy. Either they knew who he was texting, which would make me the only one who was left in the dark, or otherwise, they didn't care. Ross was busy playing video games on the tv screen.

I reached into my pocket, pulling out the familiar little plastic bag, but to my dismay it was empty. Where was Jane when I needed her? She had this terrible habit of always being in the way, but when her presence was actually needed, she was nowhere to be seen.

" Matt," George said, as I studied the empty bag with an intensive stare as if it would make the content of the bag reappear by itself. I slowly moved my eyes to look at George who had lowered his phone and was now glaring at me over the top of his phone.

"What?" I asked, mentally preparing myself for whatever rubbish that would spill from his lips.

George opened his mouth to say something but closed it again, seeming unsure of how to put his thoughts into words.

" It's game over," Jamie took over. I quickly moved my attention towards our manager who I hadn't noticed in the room before now. He was sat with a cup of coffee in the corner of the room. He had clearly watched my behaviour for some time.

" What do you mean 'game over'?" I asked, lifting my hand to rub my forehead.

"I mean, you are not having any more of whatever you've been taking?" he said, pointing towards the bag I still had in my other hand.

I sighed and threw it at the floor.

"It's nothing to worry about. It's just so that I can sleep," I defended, resting my now free hand on top of my jumping knee.

"Matty, for fuck sake. Look at you. Every muscle in your body is stressed out, and you still wanna fill your body with the chemicals that make you act like this? You are shaking," he said, gradually raising his voice at me towards the end of his sentence. I winced and looked down at my hand that rested on top of my knee, trying my best to stop it from moving by digging my nails into the sides of my leg.

I didn't know what to say.

" You need help," Adam added, looking towards George who glimpsed down on his phone again. I could see his screen lighting up from whoever he was texting.

" We have set up a meeting for you in ten minutes," George said, leaning forward to put a hand on my shoulder, knowing that I wouldn't like what was coming next.

" Meeting? What kind of meeting?" I asked, shaking off his hand.

" Now hear me out," he said, taking a deep breath before continuing, " We know that you were better when Rosie helped you with your addiction. We don't want you to give in to your old ways, so we hired a psychologist for you," he finished, leaning back immediately, as I stood from my seat, almost tripping over Adam who sat on the floor with his guitar.