❪ iii. ❫ QUEEN OF AURADON

( CHAPTER THREE

( CHAPTER THREE. )
QUEEN OF AURADON
long may she reign.

• • •

     BEN WAS PREPARED FOR IT THIS TIME. The sweating of his palms was something he had prepared for, handkerchief in hand as he wiped the precipitation of his palms onto the fabric. His erratic heartbeat's solution was quick yet deep breaths as he adjusted the crown on top of his head.

The events leading up to his anxiety levels going through the roof was hilarious, to say the least.

It began when Parker came to his side with a grin on his face, he knew his Royal Advisor had done something either joyful or stupid. He was leaning on the latter. However, when he was informed that the male had proposed and that the daughter of Maleficent had said yes, he couldn't help but punch the arm of Peter Pan's son.

"Ow! What was that for?" Parker cried, rubbing the now sore spot on his arm.

Ben narrowed his eyes, "You know how hard Scarlett's been working on today. She's made everything perfect for your proposal. How could you, man?"

Parker, with a sigh, pulled his dress jacket straight. "Ben, you know that I've been waiting to propose since last Christmas. That moment we had earlier was just so perfect. I couldn't let it pass. You know how that feels."

He did know how it felt. He felt it in the boat when he and Scarlett sat, side by side, with their finger intertwined. It was the first time he felt it, and the time he was quickly shut down. It stung but he understood.

"I know that Scarlett's going to be furious with me. But I also know that you've been itching to ask her the big question. So, why don't you do it today instead of us?" Parker suggested light-heartedly, a smile present on his face.

At his words, Ben froze. Damn Parker and his capability to read his thoughts. He had been wanting to propose to Scarlett, even if the woman had stunned him by proposing first. (To which he said yes to, of course. How could he not?) But it wasn't going to stop Ben from bending the knee also in front of his woman he loves.

The only thing was, they haven't told anyone yet.

It's something that relieved Ben. Scarlett didn't want anyone to know yet in fear of the spotlight being taken away from the Villain Kids' arrival. Ben, however, didn't want any to know for a drastically different reason. He didn't want anyone to know till he's miraculously pulled some sort of grand gesture that'd surely bring his girlfriend to tears.

He didn't expect for the said-grand gesture to fall into his hands. At the day of the Villain Kids' arrival. But as he weighed the pros and cons, he'd already made up his mind.