13- [Bucketful of Love]

Location:Natalie's $3 House
Thursday, 5 p.m.

"Who was on the line?" You ask. "Eh, wrong number.. anywho! How are you? Did you sleep well?" Natalie walks over to you while bringing a wine in hand. "It was good. Not the best, but good enough." Your eyes fall to the glass in her hand, "I thought you stopped drinking.." you say while pointing to the glass.

Natalie quickly hides the glass behind her back, she stays silent. "Is.. something wrong?" You put a hand on her shoulder while looking at her with concern, she can feel the sadness overflowing within her yet she still hides it from you. She wipes her eyes and looks at you with a smile, "I'm fine, it's nothing to worry about."

No she's not.

"Nothing for me to worry about? Don't make me laugh, you're like a sister to me, how am I supposed to not worry?" You watch as her face goes from sad to frustrated in a second. You hug her firmly, memories of her flashes in your mind.

She was there during your ups and downs, your only place to let everything out. She always stays positive even in the most fearful situations, how she endured all the pain and kept on going, how she was there during your breaking point and reminded you that everything will be fine and that you'll find happiness someday. Although that day is yet to come, you still have hope in it. She is the person that consoles you when you're frustrated or stressed.

Taking a deep breath, you state "You once told me," pause. "There are sad moments, but behind those sad moments there are happy moments. Wholesome moments." Natalie's eyes water with tears about to fall. "Let's not focus on those sad moments  and cherish those happy ones." You take the glass away from her and put it down on a counter nearby.

Then, you cup her face and look at her in the eyes, "You let me cry on your shoulder, and now I want you to cry on mine. Through all the hard times, you are always there to remind me." Without knowing, your eyes glimmer with tears, "You will forever hold my heart as I will hold yours." She knows right then and there that she's going to break down. She bursts into tears and hugs you tightly. You return her hug and caresses her hair gently. "Yes, that's it, let it all out."

"I'll always be here for you as you have for me." You whisper to her ear.

Istg the original idea is more teary than this hhhhh im not satisfied :/

-------------------------------

Jungkook's pov

"According to this address, it should be this one." I look at the big box in my hand, it seems that it won't stay still. "Hush little one." I look at the door, more nervous than ever. Will she forgive me? I sigh, that was such a dumb idea why did I even do that?

How a simple 'encouraging' plan turns into a disaster, which, I didn't expect. Butterflies scattering in my stomach doesn't make it any better. I look at my outfit and brush my shoulder, though I don't even know why I do that. Slowly, I raise my fist. Gulping hard, I knock on the door.

No answer.

I knock again.

Still no answer. That's weird. Natalie wouldn't lie to me-- would she? Checking my phone once again, I examine the text over and over, and, surely this is the right house.

As I am about to leave, I hear the door creaks open behind me. And there she is, standing proud and tall, but behind that smiling face is a broken girl who wants to be saved and I'm here to do just that.

Author's pov

Y/n stands at the front door looking at Jungkook with an awkward face, "Come in," you say while gesturing for him to enter. Jungkook quickly enters at your remark and closes the door behind him.

"Why are you so chill about this?" Jungkook says as he takes a cushion from a sofa and plays with it. You make a gesture for him to sit, "I'm used to it." You shrug your shoulders. He lets out a big sigh, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that." Not knowing what he's talking about, you question him, "What do you mean?"

He mumbles, "Oh crap." "Jungkook? Is there something you're hiding from me?" "Um, actually," he says nervously as he fidgets on the seat. "The old man at the didn't actually.. get the message that you asked me to give." "Oh. I know," you say while keeping a straight face.

"Oh. You.. do?" Jungkook slightly turns his body towards you, "Well, I mean, why else would he suddenly be angry like that?" He quirks his eyebrow, "You're not mad at me?" Looking at his face, you blink slowly and get up from the couch. "It doesn't matter anymore, however I try to prove my innocence they just won't believe it anyway, they never do."

He gets on his feet and walks over to you slowly, "I'm sorry Y/n, no words can describe how regretful I am of what I've done." "It's okay Kook, the past is past. Let's focus on what lies at hand." You say while smiling innocently at him.

End of Chapter 13
Thanks for reading! Don't forget to press that vote button if you enjoy this chapter 🌼