How do I break off a toxic person and is it okay?

A: It's totally okay! They NEVER change and I have learned that from experience. 

A toxic person is really bad for your mental health as they may try and change you by criticizing you then claiming that they're trying to 'help' you. But, in reality, they're ruining you as a person and your mental health. 

To be honest, breaking off a relationship with a toxic person is actually very difficult as they trick you into trusting them. Once they succeed, they make you feel bad by pointing out your flaws (hence, nobody is perfect. everybody has flaws), and they make you tell them their secrets. They leave with them [the secrets] too.

Now, to break off the relationship with the person. First things first, keep your distance! If it's in real life (which is kinda more difficult), try to cut down hanging out with them until the chance is slim to none when they ask. However, if it's online (which is very common), don't text them every second of the day, wait it out. Slowly, you'll be able to distance yourself and eventually block them if they're getting too much which can happen, sadly.

When you're in the relationship, everything feels like a blur and picture-perfect but as an outsider's POV (such as your other friend or family), it looks and feels like you're in a coma. In a daze. They're concerned for you and may want to help you get out of the relationship, you may want to resist because I did too (yes I went through this, a couple of months ago, actually). 

However, when you're free of that person, life becomes so much better and you aren't focused on one person. You become happier, healthier and free. When I was in that state, I had missed so much that now I don't even remember that my friend went on vacation or, worse, that someone died (Luke Perry, RIP).

Again, we're always here to help you!

~SGC