Method of Teasing (Motonari Mouri x MC)

Start from the beginning

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Damn him!' she thought, even as she stroked her fingers through his snowy locks and gazed down at him with undeniable love in her gaze. The soft smile on his face as he slumbered away with his head on her chest and his arms wrapped around her made her heart melt, it was so sweet and affectionate, so different from the pirate's usual hardness.

The reason behind MC's internal cursing was the fact that she had been rendered weak under his teasing again. As much as she enjoyed the fruits of his teasing, she felt that he was more than due to receive some teasing in return. How though? More than half the time she ended up a blushing mess, helpless under his charms as he wooed her relentlessly. If she was going to tease him and win at it, she had to do something he wouldn't expect, something that would render him just as flustered as she was when he caught her staring earlier-

Wait.

Her hand came to a halt in his hair, her eyes flying open to focus on the ceiling planks above her. Would that work? As far as she knew, he wouldn't expect it, not from her. Maybe it would be enough to leave him flustered too? On second thought, it was Motonari she was talking about. She had only seen him flustered a few rare instances and having his ass smacked probably wasn't going to add to that short list.

Even so...it was worth a try. And even if he wasn't surprised, she would probably enjoy his reaction anyway.

Pressing her smile into her lover's hair, she tried not to giggle too loudly as she cuddled him. She loved Motonari so much, loved seeing the new expressions and sides of him that appeared with each new experience they shared, and she couldn't wait to see how he reacted when she gave him a taste of his own medicine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the next few days after MC thought of the idea to tease him, she did her best not to give any of what she was planning away, easier said than done considering how observant he was, particularly when it came to her. She tried to keep her eyes from lingering on him, focusing on whatever was on hand instead, but she could tell her lack of attention was starting to annoy him.

"Whatcha thinking, princess?" Motonari asked from his place at the wheel as she sat against the rail a few paces away, mending clothes and supply bags.

Looking up, she smiled at him, trying to keep her expression from giving too much away as he peered at her from the corners of his eyes. "Not much. Why do you ask?"

His gaze slid back to the horizon, adjusting the course of the ship as the wind changed imperceptibly. "You've been quiet lately. Distant." He turned back to her again, searching red eyes watching her as he kept one hand on the wheel. "Is something wrong?"

"No." Unless you counted lying in wait to spring a naughty prank as "something wrong."

The Motonari she knew now really was so different from the rough, near-mad sea dog she first encountered. Before, he wouldn't have cared a bit about such a subtle change in her behavior, would have brushed it off as long as she was still breathing and useful. She counted herself lucky to have gained his affection and learned of this new side to him.

Gesturing to a crew member to take his place, Motonari strode over and crouched before her, taking her chin in his hand. "You know to tell me if something is wrong though." It was more statement than question, a repetition of something he had made clear early on in their relationship.

"I know and I will." Banishing thoughts of her prank for now, MC reached up to lace her fingers through his calloused ones. "Don't worry, Motonari. I'm perfectly okay." Maybe she was trying too hard not to be obvious, but truthfully she was really excited to try out what she had in mind. She hadn't meant to worry Motonari though, and she leaned into his touch, trying to convey that she was alright and how grateful she was for his care.

"If you say so, I'll trust you." The hand she held suddenly tugged her to her feet, the fabric and sewing box in her lap falling to the deck as he led her down the wooden steps and towards the lower decks.

"Motonari? Where are we going?"

"To find some food. I'm hungry and I know you are too."

She could tell he was still trying to fix whatever was or wasn't wrong the best way he knew how - by taking care of her basic needs - and it warmed her heart to know he was that invested in her mental and physical wellbeing. It made part of her want to tease him even more than before, to show him she could stand toe to toe with him on this too.

Leaning closer to him and returning his smile, she could barely wait to see how he reacted to what she had in store for him.

The big question, she realized, was whether she should pull her stunt in front of his crew or when they were alone together. He had always been openly affectionate with her in front of his men, but he hated appearing weak or vulnerable in front of them too. She probably spent too much time deliberating over it, but eventually she decided to do it out in the open. He was always teasing her in plain sight. It was only fair she do the same.

A few more days of waiting and there he was again, looking as magnificent as always in the sunlight as he went about ordering his crew around. It was distracting as usual, but now it made MC more nervous than before, making her fidget in place as she tried to figure out what to do with her hands. How should she hold them when she was planning on using them to smack her boyfriend's ass?

"Oi! Are you listening to me, princess?"

Blinking, she found her vision filled with Motonari's frowning face a few mere inches from her own, his hands on his hips as he bent down a little to meet her gaze. "Ah, sorry. I guess I got distracted there."

"Hmm?" Straightening, he smirked that smirk that told her teasing was about to come. "Admiring me again?"

Instead of denying it this time, she smiled secretively and said, "...Maybe."

A fine white eyebrow lifted in delight and he tilted his head to the side. "Oh? Admitting it now?"

Meeting the playfulness in his eyes in turn, she answered, "Well, you did say it was mine after all, didn't you?"

A few wolf whistles and low exclamations of amusement came from the crew members within ear shot, a couple of them shooting wide grins and winks her way as their captain spun on his heel to face them, turning his back to her.

"Hey! Back to work, all of you-ah!" Her hand bounced off the firm muscle of his butt and his head snapped around as the smack resounded in the air, instantly making the deck grow quiet as crew members' jaws dropped.

The vulnerable look of surprise on his face was something she had seen only a handful of times before, an expression he made when he was well and truly caught off guard. It made her feel more triumphant than she thought it would. A smile very much like his own stretched her lips as he stared down at her, baffled. Another second later, the deck erupted into hearty guffaws and whistles, other crew members emerging from parts of the ship to see what the commotion was about.

Motonari ignored it all, a wild light in his eyes as he licked his lips and advanced on her. She had honestly never seen him so riled up before. "My princess is feeling playful, huh?" Wrapping an arm around her as his other hand dove into the hair at the back of her head, he tilted her head up to his, his breath fanning against her face as he husked, "I like that," before his lips attacked hers and all chaos broke loose.

Needless to say, she was much more liberal with her teasing after that.

A/N: I'm having so much fun writing these. XD

My ko-fi: ko-fi.com/lordsister (please consider donating if you enjoy my work!^^)