I flinched when Jeremy gasped out of nowhere. "Welcome back." Stefan greeted. "How are you feeling?" He asked, staring down at the teenage boy who looked completely puzzled. 

"What happened?" He asked confused. 

"Long story, buy the e-book." Damon joked, making me nudge him in the side. "Too soon?" He asked. I sighed nudging him again as I watched Stefan exit the room. 

"Damon. Zip it." I demanded, looking back at Jeremy who continued to stare at us confused. 

***

I walked upstairs as Damon continued to clean the bloody kitchen while Stefan went to go talk to him. I went towards Elena's room, raising my hand knocking on it. 

"Come in." I heard her call out, with a hesitant voice. 

I pulled the door opened, to see her sitting on her bed with a pale face. I sighed, shutting the door behind me. "Hey." I greeted, with a small smile as I took small steps towards her. 

"Hi." Her voice came out a little raspy. 

"I know how it feels." I started, as she looked up at me. "To kill someone." I added, as her eyes began to water. "I've killed two so far and...they both had children. It made me lose my mind, not only that they would come in my dream and haunt me." I walked over taking a seat beside her. 

"The guilt eats you alive and you began to think you're a monster." Tears began to slip out of her eyes. I sucked in a breath. "But you have to fight the guilt and accept it. We are vampires, we make the most monstrous mistakes but we have to accept it and move on. When you killed Conner, you did it for Jeremy." I reminded her. "You did it to save his life." I placed my hand on her shoulder. 

"You're talking a lot in experience." She said, making me nod my head. 

"Because I have been through it." She sniffed as I patted her shoulder. "Just think of my words." I said, standing up from the bed. "Don't let the guilt take you when you killed Conner for Jeremy." I continued before I turned around and walked towards the door, pulling it open. 

I looked back over my shoulder to see Elena staring at me. I sent her a small smile before walking out shutting the door. I sucked in a breath but soon it was caught in my throat when I heard Klaus' voice, my heart fluttered at his voice as my feet pushed my body towards the stairs. 

I climbed downstairs, heading towards the front door to see Stefan and Klaus. "It's bad enough I'm out here talking to you. What do you know?" Stefan questioned, as Klaus' eyes went from him to me. 

"Ella." He greeted happily, as a smile appeared on his face. "Not going to greet me." I sucked in a breath, walking past Stefan and pulling Klaus into a tight hug. 

He wrapped his arms around me, stuffing his face into my neck as he pressed his nose against it taking in my scent. "I missed you." I whispered, as tears began to form while a lump appeared in my throat realizing I didn't want to tell him what was wrong with me. 

"I've missed you too." We pulled away, he placed his hand on my cheek scanning my face. "Are you sure you're alright?" He asked, motioning to my pale face. I put my lips in a thin line, nodding my head. But the pain in my heart wanted to say no.