Chapter 24 - Hard to say goodbye Pt. 3

Start from the beginning

"So. I better go and check-in. Or they'll board without me. You alright?" He asked, still observing the large flight panel screen.

"M-hm" You hum lowly in response, what Levi caused to turn around. You haven't even realized that you looked down to the ground, only when Levi brought his hands to your cheeks to tilt it up to meet his eyes, you noticed.

"Baby, you sure you're okay? You look pale." Now the uncomfortable feeling in your guts reached its limit when your eyes spilled over with tears out of nothing. Now you know what this feeling is: parting pain.

Still shocked from your sudden change of mood, Levi first didn't realize how you jump up to him, arms wrapping tight around his back as you sobbed desperately into his shoulder.

"Darling...please don't cry. You know very well I can't stand seeing you cry." He tried to smooth the waves, but his words only caused you more pain.

A few people stopped to gaze at the heartbreaking scene but kept walking once they noticed Levi was glaring death threats at them. When he was sure no one was disturbing, he wrapped his arms around your body, caging you in a tight embrace.

"Shhh...I know darling it's hard. But I have to go. I'll be back before you miss me."

"No! I already miss you, and you're not even past the security! I want to come with you! I'll hide in your luggage!" The desperate ideas to stay with him, no matter what, might sound funny and amusing, but they weren't. You are dead serious. Your arms wrap tighter around Levis back, pressing him against you frantically.

"Don't be foolish, Nina. You know that's not possible. I would love to have you with me, but I can't. And as much as I want to stay, I can't either. Please let go, don't make this more difficult as it already is." Levi spoke lowly, to calm you down in some way, but you clung to him like an addicted to his drug.

"No!" You sound like a little child who doesn't want to let his daddy go on his first day at school, but Levi endured your rebellious and stubborn behavior with great patience, not daring to break the embrace until you're not ready for it, but time was running out for him. Either he stays like this and skips his flight on purpose, or he forces you to let go of him to get it. That was until you felt two additional strong hands on your shoulders that pulled you away, gently, tenderly, but still with a force within that you just had to let go of Levi. A big arm pressed you against a broad and chiseled body, keeping you close as Levi arranged his jacket.

"Thanks, Erwin. I already feared I will miss my plane." Of course...Erwin. Who else would dare to part a loving couple so ruthlessly? Regardless of the little anger, you feel for him right now, you take advantage of the new body as you bury your eyes deeply in his coat, sobbing and whimpering. One last time, you feel Levis hand landing on your head, slowly stroking down your cheek as you tilt your head aside to look at him through grief-clouded eyes, his finger gently wiping a pearling tear away.

"Stay strong while I'm away. You can do it, I'm certain. I love you." That was his last words as he placed a kiss on your cheek. The last thing you saw was his flying coat as he spun around to grab his trolley to walk to the security for check-in. Only you and Erwin stayed behind. Your heart wrenched from the intense pain you feel as if Levi's about to go and never come back again. For as long as Levi was visible from your point of view, you didn't dare to move even a bit, afraid to miss one last gaze he would throw at you. But he didn't. Very soon, he disappeared behind the barrier that parts the flight passengers from the ones who are just here for a visit or those who accompany their beloved ones. Erwin's arms wrapped around your frame to offer you comfort, which you willingly accept now. He is the only one around now who's close enough to allow this kind of contact and from whom you expected this in times of need.