Partying ~46~

Elphaba's POV

I kissed her and the whole place broke out into applause. I smiled at Glinda who still had her eyes closed. When she opened them, she almost attacked me in hugs and I picked her up off her feet. Once I put her back down, linked arms and walked down the aisle. After that, Glinda's parents followed, then Dr. Dillamond, and finally the bridesmaids and everyone else. We went to the OzDust ballroom and sat down at the tables. We smiled and made a toast before everyone could get up and get their food. It was a self serve banquet, so we all got in line and got what we wanted. It was all vegan too which made me even more happy. Then, we sat back down while Glin and I had our hands linked under the table. "Let us eat," Glinda said happily while grabbing her fork. I smiled at her and got my fork too. I started eating my food until it was time to cut the cake. Glinda and I both held the knife and slowly cut into the cake. Glinda giggled as I smeared cake frosting on her nose. She also drew a heart out of the cake frosting on my cheek. We cut the other part of the slice and put it on our plate before licking our fingers. We just decided to share the once slice so that our guests would have more. We ate the cake as the tables were taken away to reveal a dance floor. We stood there until the music started playing. It was not coincidentally the 'Dancing Through Life' music. Glinda and I stepped onto the illuminated floor. We started dancing as the rest of the people made a large circle around us. We backed off of the floor to let more people dance on it as well. A few couples danced on it until the song finished. We smiled and clapped. Then there was a slow dance where Glin and I were just hugging the whole time. Then there was some more dancing and karaoke. We danced for a while until Glinda came up to me after talking to one of her friends momentarily. "Elphie you should do the karaoke," She said excitedly. "What no!" I said with wide eyes. "Come on Elphie! You have a great voice," She assured. "I think I'll skip on this one, Glin," I said giggling. "Please please please please pleaseeee," She begged. "Okay fine," I said while she cheered. "But you have to do a song too," I said. She nodded and I got up onto the stage. I typed the song into the machine but decided to change the words a bit. Instead of the Wizard and I, it would be Glinda and I. I sung and soon got more comfortable as the song went on. Glinda looked up at me when I hit the ending note and I smiled. I handed the microphone to Glinda and she thanked me. She stepped on stage and I looked up at her.

Glinda's POV

I climbed on the stairs and got onto the stage. I typed in the song music I wanted and waited. The song started playing and I started singing. It was Popular, the song I used to show Elphie after her very first party. She sung along in the audience and smiled. I looked down at her and giggled while pulling her up on stage. When that happened, many more cheers and claps went on. I smiled and held Elphie's hand. "How to fix your hair," I said while taking out her bun. She giggled and copied me, while undoing my hair while I put my hand on my scalp and ruffling it up. We were being ourselves, and that's all that mattered. My hair still looked good it was just a wavy mess now. Elphie's hair fell down in a long ebony wave with the pearls still pinning her hair behind her ears. The people in the crowd applauded and smiled at us. I smiled at our new hairdos and held her hand. The song soon finished and we decided to do a duet. We decided on 'What Is This Feeling?' But instead of it mocking a love song, we decided to make it one. We switched the lyrics up from 'loathing' to 'loving'. I sung along to the song until it came to the end. But instead of Elphie scaring me with saying 'boo' she said 'I love you boo' since it was my pet name. The people in the audience clapped and cheered for one more song from us. I rolled my eyes playfully and we chose 'For Good'. We sung the duet like we were in her hide out, when I was going to go hide and Elphie faked her death. We finished the song with a big hug and Elphie kissed me on the forehead. The crowd burst out into applause and I bowed dramatically. Elphie giggled at me and we put the microphones down. We got off the stage and stayed close to each other. A lot of people congratulated us and gave us gifts. Everyone circled up to do a couple of dances and then there was a line dance. Elphie and I paired up before copying everyone else in the dance. I watched her dance and I noticed that she knew every move to the line dance. I giggled as I watched her do it. We got into a large blob of people dancing in sync. After that, a few families left since they had little children. A couple of animals also left since they were not nocturnal. We sat down for a bit since our legs were tired of dancing and I gave Elphie a kiss. The photographer wanted to take more photos even though he already took some during and after the wedding. We took a couple of professional pictures with my Momsie and Popsicle. Dr. Dillamond was also in those pictures since she wanted him to be his fathers' replacement. There was one where we momentarily went back to the forest and the moon was the brightest it had been all night. I held my arms around Elphie's neck and she put here around my waist. They took a few pictures and for the last one, we pressed our lips together.