Popular ~33~

Elphaba's POV

I kissed Glin again and told her I loved her. She smiled at me and gave me a hug again. "Let's get breakfast," I offered as we stood up. "Okay!" She said cheerfully. We held hands while walking downstairs and into the kitchen. I grabbed some pancake mix and started making some blueberry pancakes. We sat down and I gave Glinda her plate. "You're good at cooking," Glinda said while eating her stack. "Oh uh- thanks," I replied in a surprised tone. We both went back upstairs and I read my book. Glinda got into her bubble dress and I got into my black one. We both went downstairs and walked out the big doors. The Yellow Brick road was in sight and I wove my hand into hers. She giggled and I blushed. We looked into a few stores and got ice cream. I finished mine before Glinda did so I wrapped my arm around her protectively. We left for the forest after that and laid in the meadow. I kissed her and I felt her smile against my lips. I giggled a little I eventually left a bright pink love bite on her lower neck. We both looked at each other and blushed. She giggled and booped my nose. "No!" I said sarcastically while pulling my head away after she tried booping it again. She giggled and pushed me a little. I smiled at her and we went back to laying down in the grass. I slipped my hand into hers and closed my eyes. I opened them when I felt Glinda get up. "What is it?" I asked. "Nothing, it's just really hot," She said. I sat up and we both walked home. She collapsed on the couch in relief of the coolness. I continued to read the book I had in my bag while Glin sat next to me watching something outside and she laid her head on my shoulder. I kissed her on the forehead and we watched movies until dinner. We both had salads and ate them quickly. I read while Glin practiced spells from the Grimmerie. We settled down and laid in bed. I held Glin's hand while I closed my eyes. "Goodnight, boo," I said. "Goodnight Elphie," I heard her reply as we both fell asleep.

The next few months were peaceful. We wouldn't do much besides go around Oz or Shiz. We came across news that Shiz would have a reunion soon. I got nervous but I soon found myself with Glin frantically throwing dresses she bought the day earlier at me. Once I was under a mountain of dresses, she wanted me to critique what she would wear. After about three ticks of the Time Dragon Clock, we couldn't find anything. Then, Glin went back to her closet and closed the door and changed. When she came back, she opened the door to it and I instantly turned dark green with a hint of black. She was wearing an elegant strapless pink dress with a lace-covered top and a strap around the waistline. Then there was an opaque part of the skirt that ended right above the knee. Lastly, there was a translucent fabric that covered the first skirt and went around her legs with the fabric being shorter in the front and longer in the back. "Can you zip me up?" She asked making me snap out of my trance. "S-sure," I said while walking over to her and zipping the dress.

Glinda's POV

Elphie zipped up my dress and I giggled. I turned around in the mirror and she stood next to me. "Pink goes good with green," She said while hugging me around the waist. "Told you," I said while rolling my eyes playfully. "Now you go get in your fancy clothes!" I exclaimed. "Okay okay," She said while grinning. She put on a long sleeved, black dress that dragged on the ground when she walked. It pronounced her hips a lot which made me blush. But when she turned around, I noticed the dress was very low cut on her back, showing a lot of her green skin. I was busy turning into a tomato when she put a small amount of purple make up on her face. She put her hair in a simple but elegant bun, while I left mine down with the ends slightly curled. We hopped into my bubble, ready to see everyone. We all met at the OzDust Ballroom and we got out. Some people at the entrance opened the doors and as soon as we walked in, it felt like all eyes were on us. I saw Shen Shen and Pfanee staring at us. I held Elphie's hand and she squeezed. The music started and I felt Elphie put her hand around my waist and shoulder. "You look gorgeous tonight," She said while we twirled around the room. "You do too," I said turning bright pink. I leaned my head right under chin and we took tiny steps in unison.

Elphaba's POV

We were dancing and Glinda looked absolutely stunning. Literally. We got some food off of the table in the corner and we sat on a bench for a while. Old classmates came by and said sorry to me. I wasn't expecting it but it made me happy. Then, another slow dance came on and we stepped on the dance floor. I had my arms wrapped around her slender waist while she had hers around my neck. We were staring at each other and I daydreamed looking at her eyes. But that was soon interrupted. I felt a cold liquid fall down my back as I saw Shen Shen and Pfanee empty a cup of liquid down my back. I looked in horror when I realized it was water. Many 'OHH'S' filled the room as I felt queasy. I started screaming as green vapor surrounded me and then condensed and fell off me. I fell to the ground and saw Glinda roundhouse kicking both of them. Then, I blacked out. The next thing I saw was Glinda looking down at me. I reached up my hand and touched her cheek. "Elphie!" She said while attacking me in hugs. I smiled at her and she helped me to my feet. I soon noticed I was back in the castle. "What happened?" I asked. "Shen Shen and Pfanee.." Right. Those girls. "Poured water down your back and you started melting," She explained. "Then I kicked them," She said with a satisfied tone. "Oh yeah," I said sighing while picking up the bottle of silver liquid that was open and on the floor. "I took you home so I could get your oil," She said proudly. "Glinda when you told me being popular would make people good at sports, I didn't know you actually meant it," I said giggling.

A/N: New chapter will be out tomorrow! Thanks for reading! Love you all!