3

They were sitting on a bench, looking at the tall buildings of Seoul on the other side of the Han river. They sat quietly next to each other eating their cups of ramen.

Chan broke the silence. "Let's play 21 questions since we know nothing about each other except our names. Wait, you have never told me your name"

She chuckled. "My name is Park Yuna, but I also have an English one".

He looked surprised "Oh really what is it? And why do you have one?"

She smirked "You've already asked one question. Now it's my turn"

He rolled his eyes, but laughed.

"If you had one wish, what would it be?" She asked.

"That's a good question" he looked up to the sky and thought about it.
"Probably that my mom wakes up"

It became silent.

"Do you miss her?" She asked even though the answer was clear.

He smiled sadly. 
"You have no idea" he looked up.

Oh Chan, if you only knew.. Yuna thought.

"but now answer my question. Tell me about your name."

She smiled. 
"Well, actually i had to change my name a few times. At first, it was only Lee Yuna. Then I moved to Australia when i was 6. That's why I've got an English name even though people didn't really struggle to say 'Yuna'. My English name is Mia. A few years after we moved back, my name changed into Park Mia Yuna"

He looked at her surprised.
"Wait really? I moved to Australia too when I was one, but moved back at 14. That's the reason why I also have an English name. Also... Mia really fits you. It's a really beautiful name"

She looked down to hide her red cheeks.
"Thank you" 

Yuna wasn't used to this. Not at all. Even though Chan only knew her name, he was so kind to her. She has almost forgotten how it felt  to receive compliments.

“Maybe he is not that bad,” she thought.

"Why are you so kind to me and treat me to food even though we have known each other for only two hours?" Was her next question.

He looked her in the eyes.
"Honestly I really don't know. I just have this feeling that we will get along with each other very well. Besides, if I visit my mom everyday, I will also get to see you. So why don't we become friends?" 

“Friends?” Yuna thought. She couldn't even remember the last time she had a friend. When she was younger, she had a lot of friends.
But two years ago, people started to cut her out of their lives. 

Because of her parents death.
They died in a car accident where she was involved too. Yuna and her older brother were the only ones who survived. Unfortunately, they both got separated and went to different families. 
Yuna still didn't know where he was.

As soon as the news spread around, everyone started to bully the young girl. Not only the people in her school and her "friends", also some adults.

Everyone told her she was the reason why her parents died and it should have been her that died and not her parents.

She started getting beaten up by other students, or even received death threats. She was called fat, ugly or even worse. Not even the teachers helped her.

And not only school was hell to her.

At her so-called home, the family that adopted her, didn't care about her as well. They treated her like a ghost. 
Whenever they went on trips, it was always just her parents. She always had to clean the house and cook for them. They never showed any kind of affection towards her. 

She had no one and life became unbearable. 
It came to the point where she constantly thought being dead was easier than being alive.

And that's why she tried doing everyone a favour and just disappear. She also believed she would finally see her parents again. She wanted to end it after 2 years of depressions and self harming.

But no.
She was too much of a coward for that. 
Memories of her crying and screaming in pain floated through her head. She remembered how she tried killing herself not long ago. The pain of the first cut on her arm drove her insane and she couldn't think anymore. She wanted to stop the pain. 
She remembered calling 911 before she blacked out. And the next thing she remembered was waking up in hospital.

She didn't know if she regretted being such a coward or if she should be thankful. 
At the moment she was thankful. Just because she met a boy two hours ago who made her laugh more than she had in the past two years.

Yuna didn't realise she spaced out until Chan shook her. 
She looked at him.

"Hey.. did I say something wrong? Why are you crying?" He was worried about her.

"I-I d-don't know" her voice cracked.

He pulled her into a hug and whispered comforting words. 

Again. Chan, a complete stranger, hugged Yuna and comforted her without even knowing the reasons behind her tears.

°°°°°☆°°°°°°°☆°°°°°°☆°°°°°°☆°°°°°°☆°°°°°°°☆°°°°°°

877 words

Special thanks to Leo_The_Lioness for editing and correcting my mistakes!☀️