1: Having It All

"Thats why the aim here isn't profit, but success."

Brandon Reed pulled his tie tighter against his neck as he practiced his speech in the mirror. In about three minutes he would be on his way to one of the most—one of the last— important business meetings he'd ever attend.

It would sky rocket his company to greater heights that even his most prestigious adversaries couldn't reach. And then, he could finally do what he had been dreaming of for the past couple of years. Retire.

"Mr. Reed, the car is here."

Brandon nodded at his security guard in the mirror and gave his suit jacket one last adjustment before making his way outside.

At just shy of thirty, he shouldn't be anywhere near ready to retire. Except, his entire life he'd worked hard for this specific reason.

When he was 13 years old he'd been accepted into an ivy league college. That had only been the beginning of his successful career.

He graduated at the top of his class, early, and had already established his footing in the business world by the time he donned his cap and gown. Brandon possessed charisma, looks, and brains. Everything he used to the last drop to achieve his heights in less than five years after graduating.

The following five, had been just as accommodating. At least where his career was concerned.

Brandon had fulfilled every dream he had ever had as a child. Every single desire. But there was still a missing piece, one that he would make damn sure he pursued as soon as this deal was done.

His driver was parked in front of his house in a sleek black SUV, he got in quickly and then they were moving. Though he might have had money, this was one of the few luxuries he alotted himself, along with the private jet that was necessary for him to get where he needed to go quickly.

Brandon hadn't been born into this lifestyle, he came from a lower class background that had his grandfather working long nights and relying on state food stamps to put food on the table every day. That was where he'd learned his work ethic, it was what motivated him to put every small blessing he had to use to build something greater.

That was also probably why he had millions sitting in his bank account and only growing as the minutes ticked by. He didn't splurge on anything that wasn't necessary and the times he had, was for the people he cared about.

"Approaching," His guard announced.

The uproar and flashing of cameras had already informed him of the fact, however. As soon as the car halted and he opened the door, his senses were set alight.

The noise was much louder, reporters and fans on the outsides of the railed off pathway to his central business building. Constant flashes burned his retinas but he moved forward without issue.

The single reporter, hired by his company for marketing purposes, was waiting for him at the entrance of his building.

"Mr. Reed, what do you hope to accomplish with such a large meeting as this?" She asked, tilting the mic toward his mouth.

"I intend to accomplish what I have from the beginning, sustaining our planets natural resources and protecting our environment for the benefit of our futures, ensuring we live on this planet for as long as it'll have us."

That's exactly what he did.

Once he entered the building and rode the elevator to the top floor where the meeting was being held, time seemed to fly by, even though the meeting took well over half the day to finish.