01. Someone Called.

01. Someone Called.

Skyler's Pov.

"Someone called." My manager Steve said staring at me with a serious expression.

"And?" I asked uninterested while scrolling randomly trough my Twitter. I wasn't always that disrespectful but I had a lot of trouble with Steve lately because of the new album on which I was working at the moment. He tried to make me sound different and wanted me to use ghostwriters but I didn't liked the idea at all and since I'm a really stubborn person especially when it comes to my music we fought a lot. Happily I was the one winning all the time which was mainly caused by the fact that I was someone who easily found a way to bring the other person down and hurt them.

He cleared his throat making me look up to him "It would be nice, if you just could put your phone away for a second and listen to me. I think you might be really interested in the offer you just got."

After putting my phone away and raising an eyebrow I told him to carry on which he did "It was Paul Rosenberg one of the head manager of Shady Records which belongs to Interscope. He told me that one of his rappers wants to work with you and guess who it is."

My eyes went big when I thought of the opportunity that it could be the rap god himself since Shady Records was his label.

"It's Eminem!" He grinned after a 'dramatically' silence.

My heart started pounding like crazy when I realized what Steve just said. I hoped he wasn't just fucking with me because I would literally go crazy and let me tell you I had a huge temper and once you pissed me off there was nothing more for you to do except apologizing and run.

To make sure he wasn't just kidding I questioned "You're serious right? Because if not imma kill you."

"Yes, I'm serious!" He explained honestly "And if you're taking that offer which I assume the meeting is going to be next Wednesday in one of our studios, a'ight?"

I nodded slowly and totally taken back by the thoughts of going to work with such a legend. I was completely into rap music even though I made mainly pop music.

✖✖✖

I tried to sort out the words and phrases which buzzed trough my head and built them to song lyrics. It was quite hard at the beginning since the thoughts were fully mixed up and didn't seem to belong to each other but once I began writing into my notebook it went pretty well and didn't took me long to finish.

I re-read it a few times to correct the mistakes and even revised some lines.

After a while of rewriting I was nearly finished but I got disturbed by my best friend Robyn who is also known as the singer Rihanna. She stormed in my bedroom and before she was even able to start talking I playfully rolled my eyes "How about knocking?"

"Calm your tits, Bitch!" She laughed "That's also my apartment."

We were both eighteen when Robyn and I moved in together in a penthouse apartment in L.A. almost four years ago. Now I'm twenty one while she just turned twenty two last month.

"I know, you airhead but I was writing and you always ruin my creative phase." I joked.

Rihanna grinned at me widely "As if I care. But c'mon you have to tell me every little detail!"

It took me a minute to actually understand what she was talking about "There aren't any details yet. Steve just told me that Paul Rosenberg called him and since he was sure I would want to work with Eminem which is more than true they already arranged a meeting next Wednesday in one of my labels studio."

"So he's actually coming here just to work with you?" She asked excited.

I nodded shrugging while blushing a bit "I guess so, yeah." I never really thought of the fact that he was coming here just to work with me even though he lives in Detroit which is as far as I know nearly a five hours flight away from here. But he was probably also doing other things in L.A. than just working with me.

Robyn cooed but thankfully changed the subject. I was already nervous enough about the fact that I was going to meet him.

"Can I read it?" She gazed at the notebook in front of me which was full of songs and different ideas.

I didn't need to answer I just pushed the small worn out book over to her and let her read.

A smile spread over her face as she read the words I just wrote down. The lyrics were slighty deep and I was picturing the song to be slow but emotional.

"As good as always you lard-ass."

"Thanks?" I questioned laughing. Robyn and me had this kind of friendship where you always just insult each other and sometimes the insult's were more than ridiculous.

She gave the notebook back to me and stared at wall for a while before she looked back at me "I'm free for the rest of the day. Wanna go shopping?"

"Yeah, but I have to change one more thing." I answered pointing to the lyrics.

Robyn nodded and started heading towards the door but before she finally left she turned around "Imma wait for you in the living room and hurry up I wasn't shopping in ages."

I rolled my eyes knowing it wasn't true and turned back to work.

◈◈◈

A/N: I hope this first chapter wasn't too boring. It's going to be better! Em is going to be in the next chapter and he's 31 in this story but already off of drugs and completely split up with Kim.

Also I'm sorry if there are any disturbing mistakes.

The photo on the side shows Skyler (Barbara Palvin) but in the story she is going to be more curvy which means she got bigger boobs, wider hips, no thigh gab and a bigger booty. (This is going to be important for the character of Skyler)

Hope you liked it!

skylermathers