17. Just tell the truth.

Skyler's Pov.

~ "Don't worry, Marshall." This time I was the one getting closer and carefully put my hands on his shoulders making him look at me out of the corner of his eyes. "It never was my intention to leave with him or someone in general, this creep just followed me the whole night and I was about to leave. Without him."

Marshall didn't seem to fully understand what I was saying and just mumbled somewhat shyly looking back at me again. "Can I drive you home? I won't do anything, I just want to make sure you get home safe." ~

Again my heart stood still, but this time, I was actually able to answer and without clearly thinking about it, I blurted out. "Of course!"

"For real?" He stared at me with big eyes, looking like a timid fawn. I just nodded my head, showing him that I meant it, even though I started to wonder if it really was the right thing to do since I couldn't be sure that things will go back to normal after this. I mean he still treated me like shit...

However, the minute I saw this heartbreaking smile appearing on his lips, I forgot about all my doubts and beamed back at him.

With his left hand carefully laying on the small of my back and his right hand deep in the pocket of his jeans, he guided me towards his black SUV, every now and then, glancing at me, probably to make sure I still wanted to be near him.

The soft touch of his hand persuaded my back to start to tingle and my heart to pound heavily in my chest. Also, I was blushing by the thought of him touching me again.

When we reached his car, he opened the passenger door for me and closed it again after I got in, before jogging to the other side of the car and getting in as well.

He started the car, but before he backed out of the parking space, he smiled at me again, showing his dimples. How can someone be this freaking cute?

The whole ride, we kept silent, but it wasn't an uncomfortable silence. I stared out of the window and enjoyed the view of the dimly lit streets of Detroit, pointing out the differences between Detroit, LA and my hometown Hamburg.

Even though Detroit wasn't as shiny and neat as LA, to me it still had a lot of charm and fascinated me in some way.

I was way too absorbed in admiring this seemingly imperfect city, to ask myself if Marshall even knew where I was staying at.But obviously, he knew. Moments later we parked in front of the hotel my friends and I abided.

He shut down the car and turned in my direction, speaking slowly and low. "We're here."

"I see." I responded and deeply stared into his eyes. "And now?"

He ashamedly lowered his gaze to his hand, fumbling around with the car keys. "I could walk you to your hotel room, if you like."

I nodded approvingly and added, not being sure, if I really was ready to do this. "We have a lot to talk about anyway."

"You're right." Marshall whispered, probably knowing that this won't be an easy conversation and will bring up things he might not want to, but kind of has to, talk about.