Chapter 10

Sam's POV

We were heading to the place where we knew the kitsune would be, and Dean went inside to lure it out to Maddie and I. Maddie was watching the ground, probably looking in the puddles to see how dangerous the kitsune really was. I just looked up and watched.

Dean started running out the door and I glanced down at the puddles to see 9 tails on the kitsune. 9 tails means it's really old or just super powerful. Either way I need to protect Maddie.

I look over and Maddie is already knocking the kitsune onto the ground, and killing it. She did so with such ease it started to scare me as I thought about it.

"Dean..." I said, pulling Maddie into the car. She started cursing at me for putting her in the car but I didn't care.

"She just killed the most powerful kitsune we've ever seen with ease, and now is swearing at me for putting her in the car. She's even more you than you!" I put my arm around dean's shoulder.

"She's stronger and smarter than I would've thought. Damn. I guess she picks music?" Dean wonders out loud if that was a good reward for her.

"Yeah. Let her pick the music tonight." I nodded, then getting into the car myself. I looked in the back and Cas was sitting there with her, listening to her talking about her success, even though he clearly watched. He was smiling and seemed to be really proud of her. Like Dean should be, and probably is. I don't think he knows how to process what just happened.

Dean got in the car and spoke.

"Maddie, since you were awesome back there, you get to choose music tonight." He says hoping she would honor the responsibility that she had just been given.

"Really? How about some Bon Jovi?" She asks excitedly.

"Really? Bon Jovi?" I asked confused.

"Bon Jovi rocks. On occasion. This is one of them. I just killed a f-"

"Watch it!" Dean yells about the swearing.

"-fricking kitsune. And I was awesome at it." She continued, censoring what word she actually wanted to say.

We started driving back to the motel with Bon Jovi playing, and I decided I was going to go to a liquor store and buy 3 big bottles of alcohol. You know, to celebrate.

When I told Dean he handed me the keys and walked with Maddie inside where they were probably watching tv.

When I came back there was pillows everywhere and they had been having a pillow fight?

"I bought us all some alcohol!" I said through my confusion.

"Maddie, you can have some, but not very much." Dean said, smiling at her.

Cas had been standing in the hotel 'kitchen' watching them so I knew they hadn't been possessed. This was weird.

I handed Dean his bottle and poured Maddie a glass.

We got drunk and Cas eventually put us to bed and I called him my brother-in-law and "Dean's angel" and Maddie and I giggled uncontrollably before all 3 of us passed out.