Meanings of Love

For the Greeks, love held many different meanings. To name a few, there was Agape, the pure, unconditional love and affection towards another. Philia, platonic love of friends. Storge, the love of family. And Eros, the deep romantic and passionate love one feels for their partner, as well as the name of the Greek god of love.

Eros, son of Aphrodite, just so happened to be one in the same with Travis, a tall young man with white hair and emerald green eyes. After all, gods were humanistic deities, they were powerful of course but it was tiring to keep up with their godly counterparts. So most deities these days had casual forms, either living amongst the human folk or choosing to live isolated.

Travis choose to travel the land, stopping by cities and villages to spread love wherever he could. One day he came across woodland nymph Aphmau, who was aimlessly wandering the forest. She was rather short, chestnut eyes and long raven black hair that fell in spirals. A flower crown atop her head, intertwined purple roses and violets. Her silk dress stained lavender with a line of magenta, the back of her dress reaching her feet, which Travis noticed were bare. An assortment of creatures surrounded her, squirrels, songbirds, rabbits, even a young fox that trailed her dress. She looked up at him, eyes filled with curiosity and excitement.

"Hello!!" The nymph said, voice cheery, almost resembling the chirp of a bluejay. Travis chuckled, it was not everyday he would get the opportunity to meet a woodland nymph. Especially one as friendly and loved by the forest.

"Why hello there Aphmau," he said with a smile.

"Woah, how'd you know my name?"

"How could I not? You're well known around these parts, I'd have to be deaf not to hear stories of your good deeds and beauty."

"Aww well thank you," she smiled, her figure seemingly beaming with joy. "Hey, while you're here, wanna be friends?"

"Really?" Travis had never had friends before, he'd been alone for as long as he could remember.

'Of course."

"Then okay," he smiled. "Friends."