"Don't touch me!" He screamed panting but lance realized it was only Lotor.

"O-oh Sorry, dont have to be so aggressive," lance groaned standing up as Lotor stayed on the ground with wide eyes.

"You okay?" Lance crouched down to him.

"What the hell are you doing outside?!" Allura grabbed his shirt and yanked him up as lance grunted.

"I didn't mean to fall asleep," lance rubbed the back of his neck.

"You can't scare me like that!" Allura cried.

"Sorry Lura," lance smiled softly full of guilt but she let out a deep breath.

"You guys were gone for a while, are you okay?" Lance asked as they all went inside.

"Yea were fine, we've been looking for you," Allura pursed her lips and lance laughed nervously as he held the ends of his long sleeves over his palms.

"You okay lo? You seemed freaked out before," lance turned to him smiling sheepishly.

"Just thought of the worst, but I was wrong," Lotor sighed shaking his head and lance dropped his smile and nodded softly.

"You two are so dramatic," lance rolled his eyes a little.

"So How was school? Did you guys make friends yet? Are the teachers nice? How's the food?!" Lance gasped excitedly as Lotor grabbed an apple.

"It's fine, no, no, shit," Lotor answered flatly.

"School here isn't bad, and yes there are some people who are nice to us but we can't make friends..." Allura looked down to avoid looking at Lotor, he gave her the look of disappointment in her.

"But it has to be nice seeing new people," lance snorted jumping to sit on the counter.

"Keith is there," Lotor smirked a little.

"Who's Keith- oh that asshole?!" Lance gasped turning to him and Lotor shrugged eating the apple.

"You have to go to school with him?" He said in disgust.

"Would you guys ever consider teaching me the things you learn?" Lance said after a moment of silence as Allura went to the fridge but paused.

"I know I'm not smart because I wasn't taught like you guys but... I really want to learn at least how to read and write," he looked at Allura hopeful as she kept her back to him debating.

"Your brain is more developed than a three year old learning how to read now lance, it's going to be really hard to learn something like that now," she sighed turning back to him. "And we don't have the time, we're on the run lance,"

"I know but I'll try my best, I'm really motivated," he smiled brightly.

"Lance we can't," Allura snapped a little and the room went silent.

Lance gulped a little and nodded slowly as he got down. Lotor stayed silent as he glared at Allura a little as he kept glancing at lance.

"Lanc-" "no it's okay, just a small question I just kept thinking about, no biggie," lance cut Allura off with a smile and she felt guilt rush in her heart seeing the disappointment in his eye. She knew lance was self conscious about his intelligence but it was for the best.

"It's getting late, I'm going to bed," Lotor walked away from the awkward silence as the two others nodded.

"Me too," lance sighed walking to follow.

——

Lance laid in bed as he laid on his side looking out the window bored but he couldn't sleep. He sighed sitting up and went to open the window hoping some fresh air could help. He heard a soft knock at the door that he almost missed but waited a moment before seeing Lotor open the door slowly.

"Oh hey?" Lance raised a confused eye brow.

"Are you doing alright?" Lotor asked straight forward and lance leaned against the windowsill feeling the cool breeze against his back.

"Always, why would you ask?" Lance smiled at him but Lotor frowned.

"I thought this might help," Lotor held out a book for lance to take and lance held it in his hands.

"What's with the bunny?" Lance looked at the cover.

"It's called the velveteen rabbit," Lotor pointed around each word of the title.

"It's a children's book but it's how everyone starts to read and write," he explained looking at lance sympathetically.

"Why are you doing this?" Lance held the book to his chest with wide eyes.

"It's not fair to you, your right about how we were raised differently, but if your really motivated to try, I'll teach you," Lotor sighed nodding as he crossed his arms.

"I don't want your pity, if you don't want to then it's going to be harder," Lance looked away frowning a little.

"It's not pity, i agree with you on the fact of knowing something as common as reading and writing, things come up and you should be able to have the same ability," Lotor explained looking at lance with a softer expression instead of frustration.

"There's something different about this town, Allura doesn't sense it but I can feel it," he bit his lip a little.

"I wanna go out," lance said simply setting the book down.

"What?" Lotor was caught by surprise.

"I wanna go outside, I wanna fly again, I'm tired of being stuck here," lance opened the window fully and stepped up to the sill.

"You coming?" He smiled back at Lotor.

"Lance wait- no!" Lotor cried out as lance slipped off and fell from the second floor of the house.

He ran to the window but saw wings in a flash past his eyes as Lotor looked up and his jaw slightly opened in awe at the freedom.

So he jumped too.