XIX

"Thanks for letting us grab lunch with you," Allura smiled kindly as she helped pay for the lunch as lance was talking to Lotor on the side while she was with the other two boys.

"That's what friends do, did you guys want to hang out later?" Shiro offered as they walked outside.

"Do we have too?" Lotor asked flatly and she sent him a glare.

"Be nice," she hissed.

"No," he frowned.

"I'm on his side, I don't wanna socialize anymore," Keith rubbed his face tiredly and raised his hand.

"You too lance?" Allura asked.

"I uh, might just need a break?" Lance smiled awkwardly.

"We can walk over to pidge and hunks place while lance hangs out down town? Like a break," Shiro offered as an option. Lotor frowned at the idea and Keith shrugged, just wanted to go home.

"Are You okay to walk home alone?" Lance looked over at Lotor calmly.

"I'm perfectly capable, pero las reglas," Lotor mumbled the last part and lance was surprised when he heard Lotor speak Spanish.

"I'll be waiting for Allura, no worries," lance smiled up at him.

"Me siento capaz de cuidarme," he nodded and Lotor smiled softly with a small chuckle.

"I'll see you two at home later," Lotor waved them off and started to walk away towards the street that would take him far to their home.

Lance sat on a bench and Allura looked at him confused. She didn't know lance knew Spanish.

they were trained to fight but she and Lotor were tested and forced to study to be quick thinkers, she was fluent in many languages from Europe. Italian, French, polish, German, and even Dutch. Somehow they never made her study Spanish. She never knew what Lotor studied. She never would've guessed lance was bilingual.

"We'll be back in twenty okay? Just chill out for a little?" Allura gulped nervous to leave each of them alone. Lance could hear her voice starting to change, it was possibly the way she was talking even, her vocabulary, she sounded like the teenagers from the movies they've watched. Maybe that's why she was so likable?

"I will," lance looked at her reassuringly and she inhaled an anxious breath but followed Shiro to go find their other friends.

He looked around curiously seeing other kids being on their own, couples, elderly, families, children in wheel carriers, this was the real world and how normal people acted.

Lance had a soft smile watching the scenery, everyone was just living their lives, it made him feel special being able to admire people just being people. It was nice.

"Hey your in my seat," a familiar voice laughed sarcastically.

Lance jumped a little startled as he looked behind him seeing that boy from the store and his friends again. He didn't move but looked at them curiously.

"Hi," he smiled instead.

The girl giggled a little covering her mouth.

"Hi, sorry my friend is being a jerk," Nyma walked over and sat on the bench with him.

"It's okay, I'm just waiting for my sister to come back with her friends, I'll leave then," lance motioned to where Allura left before.

"Your sister? And the guy you were with before is your brother?" she trailed off smiling waiting for him to answer.

"I mean im not related to either of them, im adopted," he shook his head.

"Nyma stop sucking up to any cute face Yoy see," rolo barked and she glared back at him.