Chapter 4

"Alright. Let's go!" Spear ran out of her house faster then Myth could even blink.
The black pitbull stepped outside, "But we just got here!"
All they did was hanging their book bags on a wooden clothes rack. Myth ran after her.
"Come on, Myth! There's one more thing I want to show you!"
"And that is?" They crawled under a curtain of vines that was block the entrance of a cave in between the library and a random restaurant.
"The Meeting Circle!" Spear announced proudly.
The place was beautiful! It was lighten up with light blue crystals that stuck out of the rocky walls. And of course, the circle part; dogs were forming a circle on a pale yellow mat.
"This is where new dogs come, like, to introduce themselves. Sometimes those who already live here introduce themselves too, some are sort of forced to though. Come on, it's fun!" The golden retriever explained.
Fun. Myth liked the sound of that and followed her friend as they politely nudged themselves in between a brown and white bulldog and a poodle. Spear nodded hello to the poodle beside her and he smiled back, same thing happened with Myth and the bulldog.
A shiba inu was talking in the middle, "-And thats why I love walking, it makes all those bad things go away!"
The rough collie with round glasses in front of the dog who finished talking smiled.
"Thank you for sharing Hint, it was nice to know how you managed to stay happy and positive even after being abandoned. Glad to know you're gonna stay here, you may sit down." The collie's voice was calm and wise.
Her eyes landed on the bulldog beside Myth. "You're the last one."
The brown and white dog met her gaze in shock and padded nervously to the middle. She looked around and took a deep breath.
"Hi... I'm Wren," she began, her voice was soft and shy, "i was born in another pack that lived on the streets with my brother. One day, we snuck out at night and then got lost. So to find food, we decided to search behind a house. Bad idea, a human came out. I managed to escape but they took my brother. It been a half a year now and I never seen him since. If you've seen him please tell me; he looks just like me but without the white patches, thank you."
Everyone in the circle felt touched by the story.
The rough collie rose to her paws, "It was brave of you to tell that story and I hope you find your brother soon, you may sit down."
Thinking back to that dog fight, the bulldog that Myth killed looked exactly like Wren but without the big white patches.
The black pitbull was focused in her thoughts. Should I tell her? NO she would be devastated... Buuuuut maybe she wouldn't care, I mean, she never saw him in such a long time... GRRRRR What am I thinking! Of course she will its her brother after all... But I killed him, for that cold stupid disgusting Sora idiot. But if I don't tell her then I she'll never know the truth, she'll be forever worried. Her thoughts broke off as the rough collie who was now sitting down spoke.
"Alright, now that everyone new had passed, I've brought some dogs who live here to introduce themselves. AXEL!"
The one-eyed huskey that Myth saw earlier nosed his way into the room. "What is it Softspeaker?" He grunted.
"Come and introduce yoursel-"
"Awww, not this again!" He complained but obeyed anyways and stomped his way into the circle. "Hi."
The collie craned her head with a face that said "Anddddd", she was rewarded with snarled from the huskey.
"I'm a huskey."
Softspeaker made the face again but more frustrated.
"I have four legs-"
"ALRIGHT, YOU MAY GO BACK TO YOUR DUTIES." The rough collie sighed trying to calm herself down while everyone in circle tried not to laugh including Myth, especially Spear but except Wren who was probably to focused in her brother which made the black pitbull feel even more guilty. The huskey smirked and padded out as Softspeaker called in someone named Wing. As soon as she did, a border terrier slid in with a determined yet happy expression; it had a greyish-blue cover most of his body except his muzzle eyes paws and had white small spots on his back and a white neck tuft, he also had a leather bag around his neck with mail sticking out. He skipped into the middle of the circle.
"Hey I'm Wing! I delivered mail. This is my second day delivering mail. I was born in this pack. I was about to bring a letter to the mayor-"
"Who's the mayor?" A little pomeranian puppy asked but it was the rough collie who answered.
"Well Poppyseed, why don't you ask your parents..." Myth heard the collie murmur to herself. "Oh wait you're an orphan." Softspeaker cleared her throat. "Well the Mayor is the leader of the pack, you weren't born when the pack took over the territory of the cats-"
"But why?" Poppyseed tilted his head to the side.
"Well, those greedy eaters almost ate all of the bunnies in the forest, we drove them out when they ate half of them-"
"But why?"
"We we're doing those bunnies a favour, the forest was FULL of rabbits until they came along. Anyways about our leader, she was known as the Master of war due to all the battles she been in even before being made Mayor. We never seen her out of her den after the last fight against... We don't know what it is! it was some of animal: It had the body of a tiger, the mane of a lion, the tail of a crocodile, the back of a porcupine and it was yellow or reddish with blue or orange stripes. One of them managed to bite the leader neck pretty hard and instead of asking for help she ran into her den, she's fine now but she wears a cloak all the time. Once, a dog was invited into her den for a private chat, however, the mayor never expected him to come so soon, he caught her talking to someone named Holly but nobody was there! We came to the point that the weird-looking animal's bite had granted our leader the power to see GHOSTS!"
"WOAH!" Exclaimed basically everyone in the room.
Softspeaker smiled and let her gaze travel around the hollow. "Alright I hope everybody had fun. Meeting over-" Suddenly, her gaze landed on Myth. "AH! YOU DIDN'T YET DID YOU? GO ON AHEAD." Same thing happened with Myth, surprised when she met her gaze. The black pitbull padded awkwardly to the middle.
"Hi." Her voice echoed around the cave. "I'm Myth." She grew a bit more confident seeing everyone's friendly and interested gazes, especially Spear's. "I was a house pet to my owner Sora. I didn't know my parents when I was younger, I was in some sort of box on the street beside a pet store with a bunch of other puppies. I didn't remember all of them, but I remember one, who became my friend, Clover; she was a papillon. We loved to talk about... literally anything! Like games, food and how our lives would be like. We the last ones to get adopted, I think it's because no one notices us as we were always in the corner, we were adopted at the same time but by different people. When I got home I was happy, I was forced to eat a lot though, to get bigger and stronger and you'll know why soon. I do remember living with a house cat, her name was Miley, she was a siamese cat. She's was really nice! When I got more older, although not an adult since, well, I'm not an adult right now, I didn't get fed that much anymore and was forced to many exercises, which explains why I'm always hungry, such as, ripping apart stuffed animals, I didn't go insane though because of Miley. She was always there when I'm alone, she offered me some of her kibble when I'm hungry, we slept together, she was so nice... but she sadly passed away, and I was so sad." See everyone's interested looks again, the black dog got carried away. "Then a few years later, I was introduced to dog fighting and it SUCKS. I was in my cage in the corner watching dogs forced to fight. In the first round, it was another pitbull and a tosa dog; the pitbull ran back to it's owner which the referee had to pause the fight for a moment, then they fought and something happened to the tosa although I couldn't see what. I was confused but a bit excited. Then it was my turn, I didn't understand what to do at first but now I did. I, erm sorta, killed a dog-" Myth regretted saying that last part. She just wanted to grab those words and throw it into Sora's house as the use-to-be friendly gazes reminded her of those from the dogs in the cages yesterday; fear, anger, but most importantly, disgust. Spear was embarrassed for her friend.

The meeting was officially over after that.
The sun was setting and Spear and her were walking home.
"That might actually be the most fun I had in years." Myth said sarcastically. Spear giggled to lighten up the mood but failed at it.
The black dog looked to her left and saw Wren walking worried and alone. She hoped Wren didn't hate her, she was one of the few dogs who only had fear in their eyes instead of anger and disgust. She looked back at Spear with a "Should I?" face. Spear grinned and nodded and they walked over to her.
"Hi again, uh I hope you're not scared of me. Do you wanna come over and sleep at our place?" The black pitbull offered. "Well it's technically my place but I could share!" Spear added.
It took a couple of seconds for Wren to smile and nod. "Thank you."

They got home and it was already dark outside.
Spear was already asleep in her bed, while Myth and Wren were on a bed made out of hay that the golden dog made for them; a blanket covering their body.
"Wren, there's something I need to tell you..."
"What is it?"
"At the dog fight, I saw your brother die."
"WHAT?!" Wren looked down at her paws, her eyes getting watery.
"I-I'm sorry I couldn't do anything to help." The black dog apologized.
The brown and white bulldog wiped away her tears and smiled, looking up at the roof.
"I know, it wasn't your fault. Even if you were the one who killed him it would your owner's fault for making you fight. Anyways forget about it, let's sleep." Soon Wren was fast asleep.
Myth rested her head on the bed. Maybe Wren was right, humans shouldn't treat them as an object, they should treat them like a family. The black pitbull imagine a life where Sora was nice to her, running together, playing together. Myth closed her eyes, that would've been great.