Chapter 2

Pete woke up in a small cell, handcuffed to the wall. Where the hell had they taken him? 

"I don't know if this was a good idea Gerard, he doesn't seem strong enough!" a voice that sounded like Deacon Frank said.

"Who's not strong enough?" Pete couldn't resist calling out, plus he wanted answers. Three heads, Father Way's and the two deacons. 

"See I told you! He woke up fifteen minutes before he was supposed to, meaning he fought off the serum!" exclaimed Father Way. 

"Even if he wasn't strong enough, we've already taken him and he's seen to much to send him back, so we don't really have any options here," Deacon Ray said. Pete decided he wasn't going to get any answers for at least a few more minutes, so he decided to look around at where he was being kept.

He looked through the bars of his cell, and in the corner of the dark room where Father Way, Frank, and Ray were talking, he noticed a boy, maybe even around his age, sitting on a stool and looking intently at the conversation taking place.

This boy must have noticed Pete was looking at him, for he turned his head and met Pete's gaze. It was now, that Pete noticed, that this boy was in fact one of the most beautiful people that Pete had ever seen, and Pete doesn't think that he's ever felt more gay in his life. 

He smiled, hoping to get a reaction from the boy, who's poker face seemed stuck to him. Pete's smile got him to blush (at least Pete was guessing, it was to dark to be sure) and look away, back at the conversation that the adults were having. 

Pete, satisfied with the response, also turned his attention back to the fact that he was tied up in a cell by his priest. Wait a second- fuck.

"Um, what is happening right now?" Pete asked. 

"You'll find out soon enough. For now let's get you some food," Father Way said. 

"Father, if you are going to kill me, please just get it over with," Pete said, sounded a little more desperate then he meant to.

"PLEASE just call me Gerard, and we aren't going to kill you- well, we kind of are, but you are still going to be alive, kind of? I don't know how to explain it but it'll be fine. Look, you've got to eat, because you need energy, and once you have eaten enough which will probably be tomorrow night, then- well, you'll see. For now just eat," Father Wa- Gerard, sighed. 

Frank unlocked the door to his cell and brought him a plate of the largest piece of meat that Pete had ever seen.

"How do you expect me to eat all of this?"

"Because you don't have a choice," Frank told him, smirking a little and Pete swore he saw some fangs or something-

"Frank stop!" called out the boy from the corner. All heads snapped towards him. 

"Mikey! What did I say about talking?" Gerard growled. He began walking towards him slowly, Mikey leaned backwards, although not much considering he was on a stool against the wall. 

"Stop! It's fine, it was my fault, I shouldn't have said anything," Pete tried to reason. 

"It may be your fault Pete, but Mikey needs to learn..." Gerard didn't take his eyes off of Mikey. He noticed the boy now known as Mikey was crying, and he wanted so desperately to wipe away the tears but he couldn't do anything.

"Gerard!" Ray called out. "Remember, tomorrow night. Just 24 hours, alright?"

"Fine," Gerard snapped, tearing himself away from where he was almost nose to nose with Mikey.

"Anyways," Ray continued like nothing had just happened, "It's time for the kids to sleep and us to eat, so Pete finish your food and go to bed. Same with you Mikey." Mikey got up and entered Pete's cell, where he was handcuffed to the wall across the room from him by Frank.

"Goodnight, see you kids tomorrow," Gerard said, a small glint of something that Pete couldn't quite place was in his eye. 

Mikey's POV

Tonight was the last night. Mikey's last night as an actual real human fucking being. It was Pete's last night as well, but he doesn't know that. Mikey decides to save him from that information. 

Speaking of Pete, he seems to be poking around his meat, not really sure what to do with it. 

"You have to pick it up," Mikey tells him, startling both himself and it seems Pete with his voice.

"You'll get used to it," he continues. 

"Oh. Okay," Pete sighs. They continue to sit in silence (||-//) as Pete finishes his "meal", only able to eat half. 

"They're gonna kill me aren't they," Pete starts. "Just admit it."

"In a way, yes." Mikey really doesn't want to have this conversation. 

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"It's hard to explain. You'll find out tomorrow." Tomorrow. It was happening tomorrow. Mikey was fulfilling his "ultimate destiny" as Gerard called it, aka being turned. Into a fucking vampire.

"Why are you guys so eerie? Also who the hell are you? I know the rest of these people from church, but I've never seen you before," Pete questioned.

"I'm Gerard's brother-"

"His BROTHER? Did you see what he did to you back there-"

"Almost did-"

"Doesn't fucking matter, if he's your brother why does he treat you like that?"

"When you're like- well, like him, that's what you do."

"Like him?"

"You'll find out tomor-"

"I don't want to find out tomorrow! I want to find out today! Right now!"

"I'll get in a lot of trouble if i tell you that, so you are just going to have to wait. I recommend just sleeping, and really fucking ENJOY that sleep, because you have a long day tomorrow." And a long rest of your life, Mikey added on in his head.

Pete sighed, seemingly giving up, before attempting about twenty million different positions of laying down, since it was hard to sleep when your hand was handcuffed a foot above the floor, and finally settled on sitting up against the wall. He closed his eyes and after 10 minutes, he seemed asleep enough to Mikey where he could breathe normally again. 

Mikey never really asked for any of this to happen to him. Well, then again, who asks for your brother and his friends to get turned into vampires? Tomorrow was his turn. He wasn't given a choice. He was forced away from all of his friends, his school, his music, everything to run away to Chicago just for Gerard and his friends to work in a fucking church. But all of this was nothing, compared to what happened to his brother.

Mikey and Gerard used to be really close. Gerard had always been loving towards Mikey, even standing up for him when his friends made fun of him. But once he was turned, everything changed. Gerard was cold. He was mean. Sometimes even abusive. Gerard lost his love for his brother. And this all caused Mikey's heart to slowly crumble to pieces. 

Mikey turned his attention back to Pete. Something about Pete felt... different. He had actually tried to get Gerard to stop earlier when he was about to turn him early. Mikey wanted to return the favor. He wanted to get Pete out of here. He didn't want Pete's life ruined like his was. And as Mikey drifted off to sleep, his last feeling, possibly the last feeling he would ever feel, was hope. Hope that Pete would somehow get out of here, and would life his life to the absolute fullest, and forget this ever happened. He knew this was almost positively impossible, but that didn't stop him. He admired Pete one last time, looking at his fringe and now stained dress shirt, trying not to pay attention to the drool coming out of his mouth, and eventually, for the final time, drifted off to sleep. 

a/n: hi this really sucks and is super cringey lmao but im trying and having fun with it so um yeah