Chapter 1

BEFORE YOU START THE FIC: there may be comments in here that are offense to those of Christianity and/or other religions, and there will probably be some incorrect information regarding Christianity and church in general. I apologize in advance. There is also a possible trigger warning for homophobia. So, if any of this is going to bother you i suggest you stop reading now. Otherwise, enjoy!

Pete's POV

Pete has learned to just deal with his parents at this point. The massive homophobic statements they make have, over time, just gone over Pete's head. It's not even worth telling them that he's gay. It'll just fuck up his life even more. So he just lets them take him to church every Sunday. Just lets them tell all their friends that he is a perfect Christian child, and that he's even thinking of being a priest someday. He lets them dictate his life. Because he's learned that trying to change what they think and what they do just isn't worth it. It really just isn't. 

Today happens to be Sunday. Yippee! Woo hoo! He gets to go to church. The people that work at the church aren't really that bad, contrary to the people that go to the church. The priest, Father Way, actually seems like a pretty cool guy. Too bad he decided to be a priest. He also seems pretty young to be a priest. The preppy church girls make it just a little to obvious that they are totally into him. Deacon Frank and Deacon Ray actually seem kind of cool as well. They seem quite close with Father Way. 

Pete is woken up at 8am. Sucks to be him. He showers and does all the normal morning stuff that you probably don't want me to explain because it would be boring, and he gets dressed in the darkest dress shirt he can find, which unfortunately is a light gray. Sucks to be him.

He gets in the car, where his parents are much to engrossed in the radio talk show to bother talking to him, thank God. 

They walked into the church. Pete actually sort of enjoyed looking at the stained glass pictures high up on the walls, but then he remembers that they are religious figures and is immediately disgusted again.

They sit in their usual spot, five rows back from the center front pew, but on the right side. Right behind Pete's closest friend, Patrick. 

"Hi Pete!" Patrick smiles with his usual enthusiasm, despite looking desperately tired, shown by the moderately large bags under his eyes.

"Hey Patrick," Pete replies softly. Patrick looks satisfied with his response, and turns back to the front of the church, inspecting the alter. You see, when I say that Patrick is Pete's closest friend, that isn't saying much. He only says that because he is the only one willing to say hello to him, and once in a while have a conversation overloaded with small talk. 

Pete is ripped from his thoughts by the ceremony starting. Pete zones out staring slightly above the alter, making it look as though he is engrossed in what is happening in front of him. This is, of course, not the case. He's thinking more about how out of place he feels here, how unsafe he feels here, and honestly how gay he feels here. 

Once again he is ripped from his thoughts as he notices Father Way staring directly into his fucking soul. Their eyes meet and Pete's widen, and then Father Way fucking winks. What the actual fuck. 

Father Way then continues scanning the rest of the crowd, like usual, but not without checking back and looking straight at Pete every so often. 

Eventually its time for communion, AKA where everyone walks up the aisles to eat the bread and drink the wine thats supposedly Jesus' body and blood. Hah, yeah right. Wouldn't that make Christians cannibals? Whatever, at least Pete got some alcohol. That's one positive. 

Pete walks up to Father Way, ready to receive his piece of Jesus' body. Wait, that doesn't sound right. As Pete is handed the piece of bread, Father Way once again looks directly through into his soul. He looks him up and down, particularly lingering on his neck, it seems like, before actually placing the piece of bread in Pete's hand. Pete quickly says "Amen" and moves on. 

He approaches Deacon Frank, who has the wine. The Deacon uses his special cloth to wipe off where the last person drank from the cup, yep totally sanitary, and then sees Pete approaching. He smirks, handing Pete the glass, and as Pete is handing it back he notices the deacon looking him up and down quickly as well. Pete scurries back to his seat.

What the actual fuck just happened. 

Pete shuddered. Thankfully, communion meant that this was almost over. They all sang one final song, Pete just lip syncing, did you really think he would actually sing? And then one last speech was given by Father Way before they were dismissed.

"Well, that sermon by Father Way today was particularly excellent, don't you agree?" Pete's mother said to his dad.

"It really was, wasn't it Pete?" his father replied. Pete panicked, because he totally had been paying attention to the sermon. 

"Y-yeah, definitely," he stuttered out.

"Let's all go up and thank him. I haven't had a pleasant conversation with Father Way in quite some time. C'mon boys," his mom said, already heading up the aisle. Pete had no choice but to follow, his heart rate increasing more and more as they got closer. 

"The Wentz's! It's been a while, how are you doing?" Father Way said enthusiastically. 

"We are doing very well Father Way, thank you. I just wanted to tell you that your sermon about religion helping children through teenagehood was especially well said," his mother explained.

"Why thank you! I agree, children these days have put a bad reputation on religion, espeically Christianity, and I find it so important to get them started early," Father Way replied, though he looked slightly pained while saying it. Pete held back a laugh. 

"In fact," Father Way continued after clearing his throat, "I thought it might be a nice idea to get Pete here into a youth group, you know, for him to get to know people in his parish around his age," Father Way looked intently at Pete. Pete almost choked.

"That sounds like a great idea, what do you think, son?" Pete's father, along with the other 2 adults included in the conversation, all had their eyes on Pete now. Of course, Pete really had no choice here. 

"I think that, that sounds, just, um, great," Pete finally finished. 

"Great! In fact, there's a youth group retreat this week, and it happens to be within Pete's age group! If he would like, he can stay here and join us," Father Way said. Pete was about to throw up.

Before Pete could protest, both of his parents thought that this was just the greatest idea ever, and he was hugged and kissed on the head before watching both of his parents exit through the doors in the back of the church, right underneath the stained glass window of the North Star. 

Father Way, now noticing the church was empty, smirked. 

"Now, what do you say we have some fun, Pete?"

And Pete blacked out.

A/N: hi people! this is my first actual ship story and i kind of got carried away with this chapter but i hope you enjoyed! you can thanks my friends Olive and Holly for pushing me to write this story lol. feel free to leave feedback yay thanks