[33] VALLEY-GIRL ACCENT

MORNING CLASSES HAD ENDED, Dustin had practically jumped out of his seat at the bell, grabbing his bag and beckoning his friends to follow before he ran to the AV Club room.

The party exchanges confused glances before shrugging and following after, Max trailing behind before she catches up and walks alongside Mariella.

"What do you think it is?" Lucas asks, looking to Mike then Will curiously.

"Probably some list he made about his top candies," Mariella responds, nudging Will who was on her other side with a small laugh.

Will scoffs, a laugh coming from his lips. "It's be nougat, nougat, nougat, then nougat," He says.

"Then more nougat," Mike agrees, nodding.

"Then at the very bottom he'd put Reese's," Lucas adds as Max looks between the group with a confused expression. She wasn't there for the conversation on Halloween night.

Mike opens the door to the room and enters, the others trailing in behind him as Dustin looks up to them in excitement. His homemade 'Proton-Pack' in the middle of the table.

"Alright, what is it?" Lucas asks, all of them forming a circle around the table and looking towards Dustin.

He smiles back at them cheekily. "Okay, first. No telling anyone. This is my discovery, not yours," He tells them, pointing a finger at each of them.

They stare at him in confusion, not responding before exchanging looks.

"Say it! It's 'Dustin Henderson's discovery and not mine'!" Dustin shouts at them, still wagging a finger at them.

Will flinches at the noise in surprise. "Dustin, we get it," He sighs, shaking his head.

"Just show us!" Lucas rolls his eyes.

"Say it!" Dustin enunciates, looking down at the box with a smile.

"Oh my gosh, do you really think we'd steal your 'discovery'?" Mike asks, shaking his head in annoyance.

Dustin scoffs at them. "Yes! Because this is groundbreaking,".

"For Christ's sake! This is Dustin Henderson's discovery and obviously we won't steal it," Mariella snaps, shaking her head in annoyance as she taps her fingers against the table.

Dustin smiles at her. "Thank you, Mars!" He says. "Alright, now come, look down," He gestures to the box.

Reluctantly, they lean in, looking down at the closed box. Dustin clicks it open. The sound of chittering coming from it. They stare down at the odd creature, eyes wide with surprise.

"His name is d'Artagnan," Dustin tells the group with a cheeky smile, picking it up from the box carefully. "Cute, right?".

"It looks like a booger," Mariella says, staring down at the creature in disgust.

"d'Artagnan?" Mike repeats.

"Dart for short," Dustin shrugs, looking down at his pet with adoration.

"And he was in your trash?" Max asks.

"Foraging for food," Dustin replies, looking to Max. "Wanna hold him?".

"No, no," Max shakes her head rapidly.

"He doesn't bite," Dustin presses, bringing d'Artangan closer to the fearful girl.

"I don't want to," She shakes her head again before Dustin drops his pet into her hands.

"Oh, God, he's slimy!" She exclaims, tossing it to Lucas.