18

Andrews pov

    It has been a long day for me at work, I just arrived home wanted to get a glass of water. I went to the kitchen got a cup and filled it up took a sip and sat down at the dining.

    My dining had a great view of my court yard, from there I could see the gardens, the fountain, beautiful. I saw a figure that scared me at first but when I looked closely I discovered that it was Alice. What would Alice be doing outside alone at the middle of the night? I asked myself.

    I dropped my cup and went to the courtyard. As I got closer I could hear Alice sobbing. What's the matter Alice, are you okay? I asked as I bent over and placed my hand on her shoulder.

   She quickly wipes her tears away "nothing sir" was whatever she was feeling so bad that she didn't want to involve me in it. What's going on? What's she going through?. I start getting this feeling, I don't know if it's the feeling of curiosity or I just have this urge to ease her pain.

Alice pov

     "Alice don't lie to me you know that you can always tell me what's bothering you if I can I will " for a second there I paused was that him  saying all these things to me? Why did he suddenly care? Does he still... No it can't be. "It's really nothing sir" I say with a smile just to get him to leave me alone.

    What I was going through I wanted to go  through it alone, I wasn't ready to tell him all about my past, my horrible past. The reason I didn't want to fall in love again, the reason I didn't want Mr Andrews to fall in love with  me.

     I felt something warm wipe my face, that's when I realised that Mr Andrews was still there he was squatting in front of me this time.  " Alice are sure you are alright" "yes I am, please excuse me" I reply, sigh then stood up to leave just to avoid more of his questions.

     I got home, it's been awhile since I visited my mom.  She was obviously excited and surprised to see me but I wasn't in the mood for all that I just quickly went straight to my room and shut the door behind me.

    Different thoughts began running through my mind; Should I tell him the truth? tell him my past. But he's my boss and it's my personal problem, right? it's my past I don't want to tell him..... no I can't... then I began to tremble I felt like I was going crazy, I couldn't bear it. I let out a loud scream then  seconds later I start to hear constant knocking at my door.  it must be my terrified mum.

----------------

What secret do you think Alice is hiding?
Would she ever reveal it to Andrews?
Do you think Andrews also has a horrible secret past too?🤔🤔. (Please leave a comment.)

A/N: hey guys sorry for the late update, I know lately I hardly update I've been busy with school, projects and exams (alot of them). I'm really sorry. I had to just squeeze some minutes to do this because I haven't updated in like a month or so. Hope U enjoyed this chapter.😍😘 Have a nice day.