16.

*Six Months Later*

Sasuke steadied his breathing. Sweat dripping from his brow as he tried to supress his chakra. He had been given a mission to see if he could find anything that Orochimaru may be doing in an attempt to destroy the Hidden Leaf Village. He successfully made it through the heavy Leaf security that gaurded the snake like man day in and day out. He knew that Orochimaru was a manipulative man, which is why he chose this form of infiltration.

He'd been a Chunnin for about three months before Kakashi honorably gave both he and Naruto the promotion of Jounin. He didn't really care what rank he was, but according to Kakashi, in order for he and Naruto to get paid for the missions they wanted, he needed to move up in the ranks. He couldn't be considered a jounin forever. And like everyone else, he had to go through the chunnin exams and the physical training that went along with it. Of course Naruto's was more intense, on the count of he was trying to become Hokage.

Kakashi spoke to Sasuke just the night before Sasuke was told about this mission. Kakashi lazily handed over the scroll with in depth detail about the said mission. He explained to Sasuke that he felt he was the only one who could truly get close to Orochimaru without being detected let alone known as a threat to the odd man. Sasuke nodded and gladly took on the mission, informing his former Sensei that he would set out that very morning. Now, here he is, crouched in a tree, waiting for the right moment to move.

Sasuke peaked his head around the tree and saw no one. He knew it was obviously a trap, for anyone who thought they were in the clear would be the ultimate fool. He stared, seeing the top of Yamato's head as he sat behind a rock. It looked as if the former leader of Team Seven was bored out of his mind, but then again it could've been a wood clone. Sasuke turned and stood to his feet, careful not to make any noise, let alone fall from the tree he was in. Then in a flash, Sasuke was gone. He found himself at the secret entrance of the hideout he always knew about. Holding his two fingers in front of him, he took in a deep breath.

"Realease!"

The mud wall he stood before began to evaporate, given an opening to the inside of the tunnel. Sasuke looked both ways,  before stepping inside.

The smell of wet mud greeted him as he found himself walking through the tunnel. He could hear voices from what sounded like Karin and Suigetsu. He frowned, hoping that he would really be able to avoid them at all costs. Especially Karin.

Taking in a breath, he turned left at the opening and kept going.

"Someone's here." He could hear Karin whisper. "I can feel their Chakra."

Sasuke mentally cursed himself. He knew supressing his chakra would be no match for someone as keen as Karin. He underestimated Orochimaru. He figured he had for sure let the two of them go, but who's to say that he did and the both of them wanted to stay.

He heard their feet shuffle and he immediately tried to find a place to hide. He exhaled slowly knowing that he would eventually be caught, it was just a matter of how and when.

"Heeeey, look who it is." Suigetsu's voice called from behind him. Sasuke shut his eyes, cursing himself once more. In that small moment, he let his guard down and Suigetsu found him. "How's it going 'Suke?" He slapped the raven on his back, forcing him to cough from impact. Sasuke frowned.

"Touch me like that again, and I'll kill you." His eyes narrow as he looks at the amused shark-like boy.

"What brings you here?" Suigetsu ignored the raven's idle threat, crossing his arms as he leaned against the wall.

"SASUKE!" Karin screams before the boy could answer. She quickly jumped onto him and snuggled her face against his. "I knew you would come back for me."