11.

"Sakura, Sakura are you listening to anything I'm saying?" Shikamaru looked over at the girl roughly, watching her as she pulled herself out of whatever deminsion she was in and stare directly into his eyes.

"I-I'm sorry Shikamaru." She says softly.

"Geez, what's going on with you?" He asked as he crossed his arms. "I would never expect you to zone out like that."

Sakura inhaled deeply before she tucked her hair behind her ear. "N-Nothing." Sakura looked away from the young boy and looked towards the ground. She couldn't answer him. She couldn't look him in the face and tell her that he wasn't listening to a thing he had said. They were doing a simple escort mission, Gaara the Kazekage was visiting The Hidden leaf village to talk about the up and coming chunin exams.

Shikamaru sighs once more. "I was talking about formation." He says. "Sai overhead, You in front, I'm in back. Got it?"

Sakura nodded quickly and kept walking into the Sand Village's entrance. Sand Shinobi greeted them as they passed, heading towards the Kazekage's towers. Sakura smiled briefly at them in acknowledgement. Once they reached the office doors, Temari greeted them.

"Hey." She smiled more so at Shikamaru than the others. Sakura smirked a bit, seeing the two interact with eachother.

"Hey Temari." Sakura says with a soft wave. She looked passed the two of them and found Gaara, sitting at the desk. She walked inside. "Lord Kazekage, how are you?"

"Sakura please, don't be so formal." Gaara's lips curled into a small smile as he stood to greet her. "We've been waiting on your arrival."

"We're ready to leave when you are." Sakura says to the redhead.

"We'll let you rest and we'll set out first thing in the morning." Gaara says smoothly. "Temari please escort them to the springs."

Temari smiled before turning and heading out of the office. Shikamaru sticking his hands in his pockets and trailing behind her.. Sai and Sakura both looked at one another before following them as well.

"So this is Nara's lover?" Sai whispered to Sakura as they lagged behind Shikamaru and Temari who walked side by side, in conversation.

Sakura blinked a few times before looking at Sai from the corners of her eyes. "Yes, that's Temari."

"Hm." Sai purses his lips together and stuffed his hands in his pockets. "Have you seen the Uchiha?"

Sakura's face began getting hot as she tried to erase the vision of a smirking Sasuke out of her head.

"I-I haven't." She replies crossing her arms behind her back.

"Hm." He says quietly before pursing his lips together yet again. "Sakura, may I ask you something?"

"Sure, what is it Sai?"

"Uchiha is in the village and his Confinement will be released sometime soon and that would mean he, you, and Naruto will most likely go on missions together and-"

"Sai, you will always be a member of Team 7." Sakura smiled once she placed her hand on his shoulder. "You're just a big of a part in our team like they are. Don't ever forget that."

She gave the pale raven and close-eyed smile causing him to return the smile.

"Thank you, Sakura."

The girl's smile never faltered. The two of them holding conversation all the way to the springs.

"This is the springs you will be staying in." Temari says once Sakura and Sai became within earshot. "Sakura your room is right here," Temari pointed to a door to her left. "Shikamaru and Sai you room is here; right next to Sakura's."