Chapter 45: Finding Liu Gang (3)

"If you got me sooner than wait two months then I would've known but by now she has likely given birth already. The thing is she was in a lot of stress and sadness so I don't know how she is." Liu Gang then was about to leave as Peng Lim grabbed his shoulder.

"Hold it! You don't know where to find them!" Peng Lim mentioned. "Gang if you go then I suggest you bring your wife here. It may be safer for her to remain here." Liu Gang nodded as Peng Lim followed after him.

"Lim, where did she go?" Liu Gang was filled with worry.

"She went to her hidden home with Rong. I can only follow their scent but their home is very deep into a forest three months away.

Liu Gang then shifted as Peng Lim did the same. 'Not unless we can run and travel there non-stop and be there in a month or two.' Liu Gang said as they started running.

_____

Two months passed, Xue Liang was carrying Liu Feng around with him happily laughing. Su Rong was close to her due date as she held her belly. Soon crows started crying as they were alarming them of intruders. Ling Fe came up as Xue Liang gave Liu Feng her mother. "Mother! Take my son and Rong!" She ran off to the forest as her mother took them both in.

Xue Liang can smell the hunters closing in. They had set a trap meant for them. She crept around sniffing as she stumbled upon an open area. Looking around she can sense the danger coming. She was about to launch out, she was caught by a trap going down on her. The net wrapped around her as she roared.

"Get it!!! We've finally caught a rare one!!!" They yelled excitedly as she felt their spears and arrows pierce her. "Don't do anything yet! We need to be pure and clean!" They pointed at her as she roared loudly enough to make the forest echo.

Liu Gang's heard her making him excited. Running to the direction she was in. He roared louder as all the men looked out everywhere. Hearing branches and leaves crunching as it got louder and louder towards them.

"Drag her now!!! We need to hurry!!!" They we're tying ropes around her neck and limbs. She was being restrained, trying to tug the ropes off. Pulling her, the men were dragging her. Her mouth had been covered by a halter that they had made almost like a muzzle. She couldn't attack as every side of her was held down. "Stupid tiger!!!" They were dragging her on as one of them decided to do something. "Let's just kill it now!!!" He held a heavy hammer as they all pushed her down.

She tried getting up, she was completely tied with ropes and piled on by men. She was exhausted as she lowly growled looking slowly to see the hammer heading her direction at her head. She waited for the hammer, she felt her memories flash of her son. 'Feng, mother is sorry.' She said, closing her eyes as a loud roar was heard.

The lion and snow leopard were charging at every hunter in the forest. Over time the hunters had gathered together to help catch her. She was the rarest found with her fur color and beauty.

The men all yelled and screamed, Xue Liang looked up seeing the lion. She gasped seeing him, she couldn't believe it with her own eyes. The ropes tied around her body, she laid down helpless. "Run!!!" Men screamed, they started running off. They all ran while Xue Liang remained tired and couldn't get out of the rope that had tightly wrapped around her.

The lion rushed over to her as he ripped the rope on her. She rose up looking at the lion who she was questioning if it was really her mate and husband. She sniffed him as she knew the scent well. "I'm sorry my wife." She heard the voice in the beast language as tears were forming. She shifted back to her human form covered with some of her own blood.

Liu Gang shifted back, seeing his mate and wife in blood. "Husband..." Xue Liang sniffled as she cupped his cheeks with her hands. "Where did you go?" She said muffling as tears couldn't stop coming out of her eyes. He hugged her, rubbing the back of head.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know where you had gone. I tried looking for you back at my manor but you were gone." He said to her, both were feeling their hearts finally at ease seeing one another again after so long.

"I was really losing hope. Losing you nearly broke me completely." She said into his chest as she heard his heart beating rapidly. She sighed feeling that she was complete. After a few moments of being separated, she just wanted to remain in his arms being held by him. "I thought about whether I should return back to the Ming Kingdom to get my brothers and father but if I did then Prince Ye would do what he can to get me." She said to him, she felt his arms wrap tighter around her.

"I wouldn't let him. You're mine no matter what." He said inhaling her scent as he remembered.