Silva Waterfall

I gasp awake and sit up quickly. 

It's pitch black in here. 

I have no clue what time it is but I know it's still late. Look around and see Will sleeping soundly next to me. 

There's sleeping bodies scattered around the floor. I start to breath heavily. I quickly step up and walk around all the bodies to the basement door. 

Fresh air never felt so good to breathe. 

I shut my worn out eyes and take deep breaths.

The moon was high up meaning it was the dead of night. 

My breath left my mouth in clouds of fog. 

I take a few steps off the back deck into the grass. 

There's a large figure i can't make out if it's a person or an animal. 

I step closer to the woods and to the figure. 

It's a grey wolf. I stop all movements and hold my breath. 

It's paws spread out at it takes a step back. 

“I'm not gonna hurt you” I barely whisper. 

I take three steps closer to the wolf as it takes a couple steps back. 

Mr. Grey wolf circles around itself then lays down as i finally near it close enough to touch it's fur. Her. She's a girl. 

Her eyes are as bright as the full moon above us. Silva. I'll name her Silva. 

I slowly sit down next to her and softly pet her grey fur. Her eyes close and so do mine. My head leans down on her stomach as the Night continues on. 

And somehow I managed to fall asleep. 

It was like I knew this wolf before i saw her. Like she was a lost friend. 

A better friend than the ones I have now. 

The shaking of Silva's fur awoken me. 

With the sun still not seen, She stood up and gestured for me to get on. I did without hesitation. As we ride farther and farther into the woods. As we ride, we past a whole bunch of sights. We then stop at a waterfall. It’s the beautiful thing I've ever seen. 

There were two lands of rock landforms and the most gorgeous cherry blossoms ever. 

It was mid- June so i was confused to still see them around. They usually start blooming in April and start dying in late march. Silva let me off softly and walked straight for the water. 

I still didn’t know the time but didn’t care. My friends wouldn’t care. They might look for me for 10 minutes then just give up. I sat at the edge of the sand in front of that waterfall and i was at peace. The sounds from the waterfall brought a calming sense. The tiredness I felt before I left had disappeared. All I need is food. I see the sun nearing its rise. The clouds and moving and i can see the tip of the top of the sun. Silva is still laying near the water. As the sun rises the heat hits my face. 

I need to be back before Mike’s parents worry. There’s a sudden rusling from the tree’s in front of me. Another wolf, looking nothing like Silva, walks from the forest. There’s a kid on it. 

They stop in front of Silva. I notice the kid to be a girl, gets of the dark brown wolf’s back and makes her way to me. 

“Hey! Did the gray one bring you here?” She yells as she jogs to me. 

I nod, not wanting to talk because of how less i know this girl. She sits right next to me looked at the water that was once calm. Now it’s a raging waterfall. 

“We can’t be here after sunrise. It’s too dangerous.”

I give her a confused look and she takes it as a ‘Explain’ look. 

“When the parents don’t find you in your bed, what are they going to do? Freak out right? They’ll call the cops, the cops will come looking for you. And they might find you. And the wolf’s. And this place…”

She looks around to the sand and the waterfall. 

“Will be gone. You see how you Humans treat your earth. Imagine this place once it’s found.”

I nod as I understand where she is worried. But is she not human too?

“Why did you say ‘you Humans’ like your not one of us?” I can’t help but ask. 

“Oh, how rude of me. I’m Alice. The Garden fairy!”