"Tripped"

I jumped up out of Richies bed and stood up. 

“hey?” I coughed and looked at my toes. 

“What's wrong?” He takes a few steps closer to me. 

''Oh, nothing its just your brother is an asshole and doesn't care for me’ I thought to myself. 

“Nothing, can i wear this?” I point to the shirt on me. 

He rubbed the back of his neck. “Yeah, sure, just hurry up and come down. The boys are looking for you.” He looked down at his bed. “Is that your ring?” He pointed to the silver band of his bed. 

My throat closed as i swallowed. 

“Yeah, it is” I laughed dryly picking it up and slipping it on. 

“Okay, just hurry up” He repeated, slowly turning around and leaving. 

I nodded like a was listening but I couldn't hear him as he faded through my head. It was like a fog took over and I was completely underwater. I walk slowly towards the bathroom to wash my face. With the fog underwater mind still present I walk down the stairs and pass Mrs. Wheeler and Ted. Mrs Wheeler Smiles her loving mom smile as I open the basement stairs. The hushed whispers continue as I descend down the stairs. 

Will waves at me as I glance over at the DnD table. Mike, Dustin, Lucas, and of course Will are still playing. Jane is sitting next to Max and Beverly is on the couch falling asleep. 

“Okay, Change of plans, everyone is staying over. There is a storm and I know your parents wouldn't like if i send you home with a cold or Fever. So Michel, and Richard, grab blankets for your friends because I want all of you here tonight.” 

Mrs. Wheeler explains and closes the Basement door again. 

Mike and Richie run up the stairs after their mother. Jane walks over to me with a smirk.

I subconsciously grab the ring I slipped on before leaving Richie's room. She glances at my hands and fakes a sorry look. 

I feel my throat close up again. I slowly sigh and walk past her. But before I could fully past her, she stuck her foot out in front of me, and I didn't see it, which caused me to smack the floor. 

I hear a small gasp and jane laughing as I push myself off the floor. 

“Thank you so much” I grasp the bell of my nose as it drips in blood. 

I turn and run up the Basement stairs. 

As I ran up the Twins run down, without sparring me a glance. I slip through the living room, passing Mrs. Wheeler. 

“Oh! Honey what happened to you?” She asked me. 

“I fell” i let the lie slip through my mouth easily and i pass her. 

I could still hear jane laughing. 

I jog up to the bathroom and locked the door. 

Turning on the water I look at myself in the mirror. 

I have blood running down my nose along with tears i didn't even know i let out. 

I cup my hands under the water and pull them up to my face. I turn my wet face to find a towel. 

With my face clean and dry, I wash my hands.

I grab a hair tie from the sink and tie up my hair. 

I walk out of the bathroom and ran down the stairs back to the basement. 

Will is now sitting on the couch and waves me over. I smile and skip over to him. 

“Hey, you okay? Jane told me you fell” Mike asked me. 

I looked over at jane to see her with a smug smile. 

I weakly answer ‘I'm fine’ and twist the ring on my finger. 

I see Mike glance at my finger with a look of sorrow. 

I sit with will and watch Max and Lucas be a cute couple. 

‘Goals’ 

I lay on Will’s lap and fall asleep to the soft sounds of game pieces moving.