Jason: Drink it, and then I'll tell you.

Gene: In hell?

Jason: It's not going to kill you. It's harmless. Just drink it.

Gene: Okay...

Gene drinks the potion in one swig.

Jason: Aph, you do the same.

Aphmau: Okay...

Gene: Wait! It won't kill Aphmau either, right? I don't want her to die in front of me. It would make me really sad.

Aphmau's eyes dilate when she hears Gene say that.

Jason: Neither of you will die.

Aphmau: Okay, I'll drink it.

Aphmau drinks the entire potion in four swift gulps. It tastes like cookies (borderline Percy Jackson over here holy shit).

Aphmau: Nothing feels different.

Gene: I feel different. A lot more comfortable around you two, anyway. I was really uncomfortable around Aphmau before.

Aphmau: Aww, why would you say that?

Jason just backs into the kitchen, leaving them to converse at the table in the middle of the room.

Gene: You're really intimidating for a short, happy girl. In high school I always called you kitty to comfort myself and remind myself that you were just another girl, which was obviously not true.

Aphmau: Huh? What makes me different from the average girl?

Gene: Are you kidding? You're sweet, beautiful, funny, surprisingly charismatic, all-the-while still feisty and ready to take on anyone.

Aphmau's face is pink from the compliments. And from Gene, of all people.

Aphmau: That's really, really sweet of you to say.

Gene: I mean it. My lack of self confidence in high school was really visible to me when I was around you. I think I just had a major crush on you.

Aphmau: Why are you telling me this, Gene?

Gene: I feel like I can just pour out my heart to you. That's okay, right?

Aphmau: O-Of course... I have no one to stop me after all...

Gene smiles.

Gene: Honestly, I still think I have a crush on you. I didn't want to say anything because of Aaron, but I don't want to stuff down those feelings anymore. Honestly, I just really want to kiss you.

Aphmau's face is now bright red. She still can't believe this heartfelt confession was coming from Gene's mouth. Is this really how pure his heart actually is? No, it has to be some sort of act.

"OI GENE, WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU WHACKED IT TO THE THOUGHT OF APHMAU?" Jason calls from the kitchen before being tackled by Aaron. Aaron clearly can't escape, but he's trying his hardest.