6 | ninety-nine problems and three wolves are one

Börja om från början

"Damn it!" Meilani huffed when she dropped the jar of ashes in her hand. She had been preparing it for the owner and, much like her life lately, it fell through her hands and crashed around her. If this was God's way of making a joke at her, it wasn't funny. 

"Mei, are you okay?" Scott asked, skidding to a stop in the doorway to the examination room his twin was in. He could hear the glass shattering from down the hall where he was cleaning up the cages in the kennel and immediate worry coursed through him at the thought of Meilani being injured. Sure he knew about her super healing now that she was a wolf, but that didn't mean she still couldn't get hurt ... or worse.

Meilani knelt in front of the ashes, beginning to pick up the broken pieces of glass that were a huge metaphor for her life. She hated it. "Yeah, it just slipped through my fingers much like everything in my life."

"Now that sounds too world-weary a thing for a teenager to say," Deaton said, walking into the room to see the twins knelt in front of the shattered glass and ashes. He smiled softly at Meilani when she looked up to him, waving her off when she apologized for making a mess.