Chapter 5 & episode 5

Start from the beginning

Oblivious to what a phone is,Lief screamed:"D-did you see that?"

His eyes widening,Asch confidently stated,in a frightened tone:"She took our bodies into that thing."

Forgetting they didn't know what a phone or a camera was,Ava questioned:"What?"

Realising Ava's only wearing a bra,Lief(using prior incorrect knowledge)informed Asch:"Look,She's wearing her source of power."

Snickering,I freaked.Ava couldn't be walking around in just a bra,in front of some untrustworthy guys so why was she doing it.Despite the innocence and lack of being human,they were males;Ava could not be doing this right now.I can't be,evidence I didn't realise until now!

Hearing her high pitched scream,I ran to her bedroom and got a baggy top for her to put on.Throwing it to her,she put it on.While I was searching for clothing for Ava,I heard Asch interrogating Ava.Suddenly,I saw Noi and the leftover daemons emerge from the 'magic cryola' boundary.Somehow,I knew I would never get used to that!

Looking at Ava,Rhys(Mr mature man as I presently like to call him)asked :"What is going on in here?"

Malice laced in his voice,Lief replied,petrified:"Ava took our bodies into our magic slab."Taking out his knifes,he justified:"That's enough reason to kill her!"

Being the only rational daemon so far,(Mr blunt obviously wasn't afraid to share his opinion)Pierce exclaimed:"No."

Sighing to herself,while I was holding in a laugh,Ava prayed:"Jesus please take the wheel",then continued:"Okay,so I guess I have to explain to you guys what a picture is?A picture is magical mirror that humans use to record our history with.We see it at any time and play it back later.Sometimes,pictures move and we watch them.They are harmless and most humans find them pleasing to look at."

Starring with awe and curiosity in his eyes,Noi(being the sweet and innocent guy his is) lit up with excitement,commenting:"That sounds to cool."

Finding similarities between both worlds,Rhys mumbled:"Wait,that's like..."

Still amused,Noi eagerly asked:"Can I try?"

Breaking up the poor inter-dimensional boys heart,Ava exclaimed,clearly still irritated by what was said earlier and over-exaggerating social media too much:"No,well at least no right now.I am engaged in a fierce picture battle,with other humans,who don't even care about my existence!"

Still believing Ava is a powerful sorceress,Rhys inferred:" She's so powerful they must not even care because they know she'll destroy them anyway."

Bluntly stating the obvious,Pierce exclaimed:"Impressive."

Trying to avoid the incorrect opinions,Ava reasoned:"Yeah...Something like that...I'm just hoping this picture gets me 1000 likes and then I can shove it in their stupid other human faces...There posted."

Carefully listening to Ava,Noi questioned:"What are likes?"

Answering his question,Ava responded:"Oh,its what people think of you...It makes you feel better about...I mean it helps you too become more powerful by the more you have."

Clearly intrigued,everyone's minds began wondering about how much power they could gain.Understanding Ava was only in the baggy t-shirt I gave her,she exited the room to change.Deciding to just sit back at watch,as my core entertainment for the day,I watched everyone's response to gaining power.Asch demanded to get power from Ava,while Lief was temped to take a photo himself.

Taking a quick photo of himself,I snuck behind him to see what he looked like.I didn't mind that he had Ava's phone but I already knew Ava would.Looking at the photo,I complimented him saying:'That's an okay photo Lief.You look really good in it but then again,you'd definitely look good in everything,looking as you do.'

Looking back at me,behind his shoulder,our faces oddly close,he wondered,innocence peeking through his though facade:"Is that good?What do I look like,does looking good mean I look attractive in this world too!?What am I supposed to do,with this now?"

Slightly blushing,I admitted:"yeah,I guess",before hovering over his shoulder to press post.Ava would love this....but also,cute pictures of guys can definitely get you followers.The combination of my shoutout and her photos of the guys could make her achieve her highly outrageous follower target and the daemons would do what they'd want.

Leaving her bedroom,Ava snatched her phone from Leif's grip and checked.He'd already gotten five likes and three followers in seconds.What did I tell you?Cute guys for the win.Becoming excited over the picture,Ava asked Lief to take another picture of him.When Asch was about to complain,Ava snatched a quick photo of him and posted it,helping him a new sense of achievement and confidence-not that he needed it.Peering over Ava's shoulder now,though we were the same height.i realised that he gained so many likes too.Becoming infatuated with the like race between Asch and Lief,Lief picked up Ava and took her out the open window.Gaping at his forwardness, I watched as Ava got dragged away.

Getting my keys,I hurried out the door,in panic,with the daemons following closely behind.Waiting until they all got out the apartment and until Rhys speech about why to not jump out of the window ended,I locked the front door.Dragging everyone to the elevator,which is our only form of exit,we all crowded inside.About to press one of the buttons,Noi and everyone reached and pressed multiple,meaning we'd be in here for ages.

Letting out an irritated sigh,I sat down,explaining that they'd made a fatal mistake.Though I really wanted to be annoyed at what they done,I couldn't be:after all,they'd only done it by mistake and curiosity.Anyway,I did know that there'd be more frustrating moments in the future.Gritting out a swift:"Don't worry,we just have to wait a bit.",I motioned for them to bet comfortable.This was a nightmare....a total nighmare.

Realising I couldn't be annoyed for any longer(for I'd get bored easily on my own),I question,I never thought I'd ask,left my mouth:"So,any of you dating anyone.Wanna get back home to see them or what not?"

Tilting their heads in confusion at me,I elaborated:"Are any of you married or engaged or even in love, I don't know?Are u missing them?"

Realising my extremely awkward statement,they laughed,as if there was an inside joke I wasn't understanding.Really,they laughed.I'd never really seen many of them happy before and laughing was just another stage of joy.I wanted them to be happy;I didn't really know why but I wanted them to be able to laugh more often.Obviously,moving to a new world would be frightening and stressful so it was understandable but they seemed more genuine,with a small chuckle exacting their lips.Thats all it was,a chuckle,but it was nice.

Pierce,being the blunt and straightforward person he is,replied with:"No.We don't."

Trying to start another laid back atmosphere like now,I told them master advice: "You should date people over there instead of just marriages,it would be better.And...before you ask,dating is when you get to know someone by seeing them quite often and just talking or being in each others presence,it's a really cool concept actually."

So we talked for a while,trying to stop the panic riding though Noi and everyone else,until we finally escaped the confinement.Over the past half an hour(literally that's how long this stupid journey took),I felt like I'd connected,with everyone a bit more,understanding their great and original personalities more.That was what I'd admired about them:their great originality and drive to be themselves.Finally,the only person I'd need to connect with,who lived somewhat as my neighbor,was Lief...