12

Brandy Mae

He thinks he's sleek, doesn't he? party my ass!

Like he thinks flashing his big bills and white teeth is such a new trick. News flash Mr. Hollywood, I've already met your type before.

Been there done that came out with a son and don't plan on falling for your type again.

I'm furious. Totally furious.

The worst thing is I don't even know if it's me that I'm furious at- for internally being grateful that Romeo and I will not spend a week in a dark house - or at him for just having all that money laying around. How come the bastards get all the privileges in life?

"Brandy Mae! Brandy Mae! " Someone is calling my name as I cross the street.

Who else but Mr. Moneybags himself?

Now that I think about it, I have a few words I'd like to say to him. I wait for him to catch up.

I stand in front of him and seize him from top to bottom.

"Looking at you, one would think you have more game than just flaunting your money in order to get into girls pants." I tell him calmly.

He takes his time to answer me and it really infuriates me how he always looks like he's thinking about a million and one things or not thinking at all.  He has no care for anything at all. Then again why would he? He can afford every good thing in this world.

Whe he doesn't answer me, I turn to leave because I'm not about to stand there waiting for him to gather his two braincells.

I always like this town a little more when it turns dark. When the upright and righteous ones are safely tucked in their own homes. When it's only the homeless, the drunkards and the ladies trying to pretend that they are not working the corner. I see them all and I love them.

The lowlifes of the the town.

I see women and men walking in and out of DirtyBastard with laughs too loud and inhibitions ition forgotten and I feel so happy because they are happy.

It's a real comfort to know that everyone always has the place where they belong. This is my scene.

All of a sudden Judd is in front of me, facing me and walking backwards. Even with all of his drinking , he's not staggering.
He just looks electrified. Like he's in his zone or maybe it's just the street lights making him appear like he's a fallen angel ready to wreck havoc. He also looks like that without the alcohol.

"I'm not sure I follow Brandy Mae." He smiles wickedly. "Are you trying to get into my pants?" He asks in a high-pitched voice and covers the front of his jeans like a shy Chinese anime character in a porno video.

I roll my eyes and guffaw. "As if! Don't think that I don't know that the only reason you bought all that alcohol is so that you can flaunt your money and try to get in my pants. Stay out of my business!Both literally and figuratively."I warn him.

He gives me that look again.'So you're still talking utter bulshit.'

Instead of continuing walking backwards or just turning around and walking like a normal person, he takes two steps forward and suddenly the air between us is not enough for the both of us.

"Brandy Mae, I can clearly see that you are all that," he takes his time, his eyes going all over my body,"But don't flatter yourself girlie . I didn't buy alcohol because I want to get in your pants." He moves even closer to the point that the tips of  his shoes are touching the tips of my shoes. "I have enough charm to get you in bed without throwing a few dollars,don't you think?"