Chapter 1

"Liyah don't do this, I told you how I felt about you. We just not meant to be. I'm sorry."

"Fuck you Andre! I gave you my everything, and this is how you do me?"

¤ 2 years prior ¤

"Aliyah Marvell Nicole Anderson! Get your narrow behind down these stairs so I can take you to school."

"Okay mom I'm coming."

Today was Aliyah's first day of high school.

She was super nervous.

She was scared that the older upper classmen world pick on her because she was 'fresh meat'. Also she didn't wanna be stuffed into a locker.

You can tell she watched too much t.v.

She checked over her outfit one last time, to bad at the high school she was going to they had to wear an uniform.

Black and khaki pants ; baby blue, white, and black Oxford shirts only.

She didn't understand why schools were so strict on the dress code, before she changed schools in the fifth grade her old school let you wear anything except your birthday suit.

She said her thank yous to God and ran to her kitchen.

Aliyah loved the life she lived.

It was just her and her mom.

Nobody else, nobody less.

She hears from her dad every now and then, but she could care less if she did.

"If I have to wait another dang on minute for you I'm gonna make sure you stay however many extra hours at school." Her mother Vanessa said.

"Sorry mom I'm just nervous."

"Well you shouldn't be. You got 'Dre there with you also your cousins Melanie and Roscoe. They'll be there to protect you."

"That's sad I only have three friends, two of which are my cousins."

But she was excited to see her best friend.

De'Andre Andrew Jameson

She didn't get to see hum much this summer.

He went up to New York to visit his oldest brother.

She really missed him, they've known each other since she moved to Atlanta from Birmingham, Alabama. And he treated her just like a sister.

And just like that it was then against the world.

So, that was just a little taste if the story. :) The chapters will get better and longer.