Chapter 5

Jack got out of the bag with the help of Y/N and stood up. Jack looked around and saw Santa, Bunny, Tooth, and Sandy. "Wow I love being tossed in a sack and thrown through a magic portal." Jack said sarcasm laid in his voice.

"Oh good! That was my idea!" Santa said smiling not catching the sarcasm. "Are your teeth really as white as they say?" Tooth said excitedly as she flew to Jack and opened his mouth to look at his teeth.

"Hey Tooth, lay off him." Y/N said grabbing Tooth's hands and moving them away from Jack's mouth. Jack nodded to her in thanks to which she smiled back.

"Why am I here?" Jack asked as he looked at them all. Y/N stood next to Jack and grabbed his staff. "Do you mind?" She asked him. "Go ahead." He said letting it go.

Y/N smiled and aimed it at an elf. Sandy looked at Jack a smile across his face. He then tried using his sand to explain the situation. "Hey it's ok Sandy, don't overwork yourself." Jack said seeing it was hard for him to explain.

"Well Jack, you and Y/N are here to be Guardians!" Santa told him and all of a sudden elves started to play the trumpets. Confetti was thrown and the yetis brought Santa a book. Santa grabbed it and music continued playing.

The baby Tooth's that surrounded Tooth tried to give Jack a flower necklace. Jack swatted them away. Elves presented him with some shoes. Jack looked at them but denied. Y/N stood next to Jack and watched this whole scene play out.

They tried doing the same to Y/N but she politely denied. Y/N felt overwhelmed and could see Jack was too. She hit the ground with the bottom of the staff. "Enough!" Ice covered the floor and snow blasted at them making them fly back. Santa, Tooth, Sandy, and Bunny stood there quietly as the music came to an abrupt stop.

"Here you go Jack." Y/N handed him his staff back. "Thanks Y/N." Jack leaned onto his staff. "I don't want to be a guardian. You guys are all serious, and I'm all snow days and fun time." Jack said. Y/N grabbed her own staff that was leaned against the wall. She leaned against it as she was by Jack.

Santa laughed and said "You don't want to be a Guardian. Of course you want to be one. Play the music!" Music started again. "No! No music!" The music stopped as Jack yelled. One of the elves threw the trumpet and walked off.

"Santa, have you even considered how Jack feels? How I feel? Sure being a Guardian seems kinda fun, but he's right. I'm part of Winter, I help make snow days and bring kids fun. I don't want to be hidden somewhere all the time hoping a kid won't see me. I have a family." Y/N told them as she sat cross-legged in the air.

Santa stayed quiet. "We'll discuss this later. For now we'll talk about the danger at least." Santa said, "Follow me."